Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reid & Rohan

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    ... Whodathunkit 3 weeks ago ??
    Not a lot of RWOer's if you go by the NAB preseason threads :-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Not a lot of RWOer's if you go by the NAB preseason threads :-)
    Exactly, myself included! I felt like someone had spiked my drink when I was at the pub with mates watching the swans demolish the pies with precise foot skills and a good forward structure!!

Veterans List
    I was one of those really worried about this season. I said we needed a good run with injuries and several ressie players to really step up.

Touch wood, no game day injuries first three rounds and some kids have stepped up plus a couple more burning in the NEAFL. Looks good SO FAR!

Reid played good footy as a wingman last year, should slot back there once he's senior match fit. McVeigh straight to HBF. Rohan not sure where he fits but think he needs to be given a role and kept there, been shunted around too much for my liking, maybe another wingman/high HF.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Touch wood, no game day injuries first three rounds

Veterans List
    Oops!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I remember, some time before the broken leg, Gary saying that his preferred position was the wing. Coming back from the broken leg he was tried in a variety of positions, half back then half forward etc but with only glimpses of what he is capable of, partly due to interruptions from broken cheek bones and hamstring injuries etc.

I think he is yet to fully recover his confidence. He just needs, like Tom Mitchell, an uninterrupted season or so on the park, free of injury, and if possible in a set position that he is comfortable in. He, along with Isaac Heeney, also needs to know, that the whole game doesn't depend on him, he does not have to run down every opposition forward in the front half, or crash every pack in the back half as well as take speccy marks and kick 3 goals every game!

His coming back in a few weeks is going to be very important for his future, maybe. No one doubts his talent and potential, how best to nurture and release it at this stage, given his injury history and the needs of the team, is the big challenge.
    I couldn't agree more strongly.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123