Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does Sydney Stadium drama affect Swans?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    While I can see how the term might be offensive to some, "Bum Sniffers" has been used for a long time to describe rugby players (union mainly) because of the game's scrum set plays where players link in a row of three, two and a lock (one) at the back (and a further two tucked in the sides) before bending over and sticking their heads through the gaps of the row in front of them with shoulders resting on the buttocks to push.

Has never been used in a homophobic context in any form or manner AFAIK.
    I agree with Swansongster; while it's probably slightly offensive to the sensitive, it has never been used around me in any way other than as described by Swansongster , and I've been around football for a looong time.

I think the government is rolling in cash after all the stamp duty they are collecting.

So glad the new stadium in morre park didn't get up. The SCG trust played a bad hand and now there upgrade of SCG is lost

The about turn, from new stadium to upgrade, was made so that Sydney FC, Roosters and Tahs can continue to play their matches at Alliance.

It'll be a 'one section at a time' shemozzle , so they can keep hosting matches there whilst the upgrade proceeds.

So, other than the odd blockbuster where capacity is an issue, I doubt they'll be using the SCG at all.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I agree with Swansongster; while it's probably slightly offensive to the sensitive, it has never been used around me in any way other than as described by Swansongster , and I've been around football for a looong time.
    +1 - often the retort to "aerial pingpong". Never thought of it, or heard it, as homophobic.

I didn't know what to make of it when this came with my Sydney Swans Members Pack. Thanks for clearing thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    +1 - often the retort to "aerial pingpong". Never thought of it, or heard it, as homophobic.
    My usual retort to the lame 'aerial ping pong' line, is to enquire, "In what sense is normal ping pong not aerial?"
    Strangely, none of them have seemed to have thought of that.

Bum sniffers is a term used in the 80s and 90s back in the day where you either loved or hated NRL or AFL. It did used to have homosexual conatations back then. But they were different times.
    Now most people can see the merit in all sports so the term had died off.

I always like the term "cross country wrestling"

Back on stadiums for a minute. The simple question for Gill the dill is: where will the Giants host finals and big derby games from 2019 onwards?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Bum sniffers is a term used in the 80s and 90s back in the day where you either loved or hated NRL or AFL. It did used to have homosexual conatations back then. But they were different times.
    Now most people can see the merit in all sports so the term had died off.

I always like the term "cross country wrestling"
    You must have mixed in different circles to the rest of us Barry. Then you DID enjoy games at ANZ so.......

Back on stadiums for a minute. The simple question for Gill the dill is: where will the Giants host finals and big derby games from 2019 onwards?
    Probably SCG.

Lol

Senior Player
    Barry I don't often agree with with you but your point here is most valid. It is a shame that there will only be one high capacity AFL ground in the city.

It also becomes obvious that t20 cricket will no longer be able to be played at ANZ

Maybe the AFL will need to fund a massive upgrade of Blacktown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast