Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Rnd 4 Match Day Thread Adelaide Crows V Sydney Swans. 19.10pm (ACST) Adelaide Oval.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Watching the replay last night, I saw Rampe and Laidler rip into Mills when he made a clanger kicking out. Seemed a bit harsh on a new young player.
    I thought exactly the same. My theory is that Mills was under definite instructions and failed to follow them. Nothing to back that up though except that I haven't seen a reaction to a clanger like that from our backlands before (and they've had plenty of chances).

Watching the replay last night, I saw Rampe and Laidler rip into Mills when he made a clanger kicking out. Seemed a bit harsh on a new young player.
    I see that as a huge compliment to Mills' character and mental toughness. I doubt that both Rampe and Laidler would be ripping into a 4th gamer if they didn't see him as capable of not dropping his bundle with a bit of 'tough love' in the heat of battle. I really believe it also shows how highly they rate him.

I'm not sure who I'm more excited about, but the thought of Eddie's head almost exploding at the very mention of Heeney and Mills over the next 10 years fills me with great joy.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I also saw McVeigh (and another Swan, forget whom) run to Mills to reassure him after Mills' clanger, when he tried to thread the needle between two Crows, which led to an intercept and a Crows' goal. So wasn't always a 'blame game' being heaped on Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Didn't see that. Both of those are notorious for turning the footy over out of the backline.
    They were probably saying "the team can't afford another one like us"

j/k - I actually think Grundy had improved dramatically and I've never had a problem with Rampe - although he used to make a few big mistakes at the start of his career.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

They who live in glass houses.....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819