Thread: Heeney is actually a liability

Heeney is actually a liability

Said no one ever.

Actually wanted to start a thread about him but can just post it here. We all know Heeney is destined to become a gun midfielder for our side, however what he is showing as a live wire medium forward makes me think he could potentially be of more benefit to the team staying in the front half. He's a unique match up, good In the air, good on the ground, hard and agile and a quick thinker with fast hands. He's only going to get better too. If he can continue with the sort of form he showed last night, I don't think they'll be taking him out of the forward line in a hurry.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Actually wanted to start a thread about him but can just post it here. We all know Heeney is destined to become a gun midfielder for our side, however what he is showing as a live wire medium forward makes me think he could potentially be of more benefit to the team staying in the front half. He's a unique match up, good In the air, good on the ground, hard and agile and a quick thinker with fast hands. He's only going to get better too. If he can continue with the sort of form he showed last night, I don't think they'll be taking him out of the forward line in a hurry.
    Thinking the same thing. He isn't needed in the midfield at them moment and he seems to work very well with Buddy. But then again we may not know what we are missing until he is given some games in the midfield. Maybe give him a run there a let Kennedy have a run around the forward line as he doesn't seem to be at his best, he is only playing as a top 30 midfielder instead of his usual top ten.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Tore it apart in the first quarter.
    He has shown glimpses of what he is capable of, but that game was the first time he has put it together for a sustained period of time.

Still confused how he was on his own so often. Can't be too invisible on the field with that blond mop.

Heens is a little gun.

Great OP. I was ready to cut your head off and present it on a platter to Heeney.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I have no doubt that Heeney ultimately will end up in our midfield. But he is such a superb medium sized target up forward, that surely while we have such strong depth in the midfield, he will still play most of his minutes up there. The best bit of Heeney you missed MB - his kicking for goal. Has a lovely technique and is calm under pressure - with some better luck on Saturday night we would of been hearing about Heeney's mighty roost under pressure to help the Swans over the line. He was superb on Saturday night, and no doubt his best performance to date so far.

In a similar manner, Mills is going to learn the trade on the halfback line (small mistakes and brain farts about - he looks assured already!), but will find more time in midfield. But what luxuries to have - especially as they both will end up being elite users of the ball (as Heeney showed on Saturday night).

The unknowledgeable screechers behind me on Saturday night kept yelling 'mark that bludy mophead!' - even though they had a footy record with them, it was obviously too difficult to find out who bludy mophead was. They'll soon know, give it a couple of years or so - the kid is special. And to think without the Swans he wouldn't even be playing afl footy...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I had two Swans' supporters, both with looks of amazement on their face, ask me 'who is that blond kid?' Zac has certainly left an impression!