Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The rain has started in the Sydney CBD area ...... But so far only very light.
    Uggghh! So the unpleasant scenario is, a wet ground slog with our best midfield grunt out injured.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The rain has started in the Sydney CBD area ...... But so far only very light.
    It's been pissing down in the Eastern Suburbs since mid morning. I'm off work today and had been hoping to go for a walk, but I've not left the house due to the conditions.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Can someone list the career stats of Rohan ... injuries notwithstanding...
    http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/p...ns--gary-rohan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Apparently Kennedy (ours) may be a late out with an Achilles injury
    Late mail LIVE, round five - AFL.com.au
    I heard on the afl.com.au feed that it was a suspected ankle injury not Achilles

Hawthorn whacked the Eagles 3 weeks ago with a big chunk of their best players on the sidelines, including Hodge, Hill, Shiels and Roughhead. Then Hawthorn go on to win 3 consecutive games by less than a goal thanks to favorable umpiring in the final minutes of the game. I feel bad for the Adelaide fans. The game was stolen from them.

Despite their record, I haven't been impressed by the WCE this year. They should be even stronger than last year, but something doesn't look right with them. They've beaten 3 very sad teams. They gave up 100 points To Brisbane.

Adelaide has shown that they are no fluke. We played a very good side last week and could have easily won. If we bring the same game against the Eagles, we should win comfortably, regardless if Kennedy plays or not.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Adelaide has shown that they are no fluke. We played a very good side last week and could have easily won. If we bring the same game against the Eagles, we should win comfortably, regardless if Kennedy plays or not.
    Yep. I read it the same way, despite being an eternal pessimist. Last week was much like our early 1996 game vs WCE and late 2012 game vs the Dawks - although we lost, we gave plenty of reasons to think we could match it with the best. But we need to follow through with a win tomorrow if we are to be serious contenders.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Goes up to 11
    Adelaide ran out of gas in the second half last night, I'm sure due in no small part to the intensity of last week's game. If we can avoid that we should get over the line.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Adelaide ran out of gas in the second half last night, I'm sure due in no small part to the intensity of last week's game. If we can avoid that we should get over the line.
    You reckon? I thought both teams kept going at a remarkable intensity right to the end of the game. If they tired a bit, it must have been mostly because of how fast the game was earlier. The second and fourth quarters I thought were played at a remarkable speed (at skill level, given how high pressured it was).

The wet conditions are going to turn our game into a completely different kind of slog.

suns out now in the eastern suburbs

he says as it starts raining.
    It's gonna be one of those days folks

Veterans List
    Has Kennedy's absence been confirmed? Big blow.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast