Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Brand New Year

I had a huge operation 2014 grand final week, woke up to the news that I was going to be a survivor and talked my way out of intensive care just in time for the big game. I was back in the depths of depression before half time. Last year, thanks to the radiation oncologists I was pretty crook much of the time and it was hard to enjoy anything, nor was there much to enjoy on the footy field either.
    Now I park myself in front of my big HD screen with a six pack of Melbourne Bitter and am loving every minute. There is so much joy in seeing hard, fast, entertaining and high flying footy. New kids come into the side and are so good they give me goosebumps. I�ll never work full-time again, but being able to enjoy a beer and the footy again means i�m loving life.
    Go Swannies, come down the South Coast one away weekend; you might just get that beer you reckon I owe you.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think we're straying from the topic but since people are talking about Teddy I have to throw in a shout out for whoever wrote the headline for the article about Teddy's game on the Swans' website: 'Teddy's promise coming to fruition'. ???? Got a chortle out of me.
    Yeah, I reckon the kids got a future! Good play on words considering the promise he made to his son......

Veterans List
    Of the season so far, to be sure it has been a relative joy, compared to last years 'annus horribilus', which followed 2014's 'grandis finalis horribilus', and I must say as a life long Swans fan, it is nice to be able to say that after finishing fifth, outside of the depressing Goodes treatment that is. I echo many of the thoughts expressed on this thread so far. As far as the flag goes, at this stage of the season, we are wise not getting ahead of ourselves, but I believe we have as much a chance as anyone at the moment. If not this year, maybe next year, but we may just do it a year early! Early days but all the signs are good.

Veterans List
    There is one very, very, very significant difference. Yes the kids are good and Buddy is back. But finally we are winning the centre clearances each week, handsomely. And not only are the numbers significant, but the quality A class. Fast, crisp and clean. Oppositions had the perception of us as being poor out of the guts. We have turned that around so much that the defences have no idea what is happening. Not only is Buddy back, but Papley is pouncing on the pill, Heeney is an absolute star, McGlynn is back in town and Hewett it seems is a second half lifter. With this quality up front it is a no brainer that it is imperative that we belt them out of the guts. Last year even the cellar dwellers were doing us out of the middle. Our inside 50's are amazing and our forward pressure is outstanding.

I have been hammering this point since 2005 and finally we are delivering in spades; KJ has been super. Combine this with the youth and improvement in the likes of Lloyd and Robinson and magically we have the magic pudding. Yes we have to keep the ball rolling, but is exciting to see that footy going to our forwards like a rocket. How many times have they marked in front of their opponents from a centre clearances or quick corridor movement.

This post was inspired by 3 Leo stubbies at a bar in Chiang Mai.

By the way OldRoyboy, keep on punching.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    I had a huge operation 2014 grand final week, woke up to the news that I was going to be a survivor and talked my way out of intensive care just in time for the big game. I was back in the depths of depression before half time. Last year, thanks to the radiation oncologists I was pretty crook much of the time and it was hard to enjoy anything, nor was there much to enjoy on the footy field either.
    Now I park myself in front of my big HD screen with a six pack of Melbourne Bitter and am loving every minute. There is so much joy in seeing hard, fast, entertaining and high flying footy. New kids come into the side and are so good they give me goosebumps. I�ll never work full-time again, but being able to enjoy a beer and the footy again means i�m loving life.
    Go Swannies, come down the South Coast one away weekend; you might just get that beer you reckon I owe you.
    ORB I may need to head south to take you up on that offer. Now the after matches are finally back, I miss not dissecting the game with you, Des, et al. Footy is just a part of our lives but the Swans have given us a lot of joy (and a bit of heartache) over the past 15 years. I hope we get to see you at the SCG at some stage this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123