Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 4: Sydney Swans Reserves v Southport Sharks @ Drummoyne Oval

Nankervis looking really good

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    O'Riordan with the right ankle iced at the end there.

Senior Player
    O'Riordon , perhaps not surprisingly, is really good in the wet.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Swans 3.2 5.6 9.9 12.13 (85)
    Sharks 2.2 2.4 4.8 6.9 (45)

Goals: Hiscox 3 Murray 2 Towers 2 Leonardis Reinhard Davis Wilson Skrivanic
    Behinds: McFadden 2 Hebron Naismith O'Riordan Jack Foote Skrivanic Towers Davis Murray Marsh Rushed

Goals: Anthony 2 Clements 2 Ritchie Screech
    Behinds: Anthony 2 Drew 2 Rushed 2 Screech Thurlow Clements

Disposals: Newman Jack 30 Davis 26 O'Riordan 24 Foote 21 Towers 20 Veale Marsh Nankervis 19 Leonardis 17 McFadden 15 Murray Hiscox 13 Wilson 12 Aliir 9 Hebron 8 Melican 7 Skrivanic Richards 6 Naismith 4 Galloway 3 Reinhard 1

Marks: Marsh Nankervis 5 O'Riordan Hiscox Hebron 4 Veale Foote Towers Leonardis Jack 3 Davis Aliir Newman Melican Richards Murray 2 Wilson McFadden Skrivanic 1

Tackles: Newman 9 Davis 8 Towers 7 Hebron Jack Veale 6 McFadden O'Riordan 5 Foote Skrivanic Leonardis Aliir 4 Murray Wilson Nankervis 3 Richards Melican Marsh Galloway 2 Hiscox Naismith Reinhard 1

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    O'Riordon , perhaps not surprisingly, is really good in the wet.
    He's a pretty good luck isn't he ?
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Best players: C.O'Riordan T.Nankervis N.Newman B.Jack J.Hiscox R.Hebron

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg for your outstanding lead-in and info during the game.

Terrific to watch the juniors go around. We have some real talent there.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

always appreciated UGG

Swampy how did he go and what posse in the main ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Watched the first half before heading to the SCG

Not too many players put their hands up for a senior call up. Nankervis was good and is definitely our third ruckman. O'Riordan will play senior football, good physique, decent skills and very very aggressive but not sure if it will quite ne this year. Towers and BJ OK but not outstanding

Leonardis looks like he needs quite a bit of work both with his fitness and his decision making.

Galloway is another who has an enormous amount of work to do to even get close, I'd say he is very unlikely to make it.

Naismith also looked very far off the pace and his frail looking physique worries me for a ruckman but we clearly see something there as we have him on a three year deal. Number 46 for the toppies up front looked OK.

What I would say about AA is that he is now certainly cherry ripe physically for AFL footy, quite an amazing physical development there since I last saw him.

An enjoyable experience nonetheless. I've been a bit harsh but with these matches not really knowing the players I guess you just look for a positive and the big one for me was the O'Riordan, I really think we have a good un on our hands there.

Nankervis was another - rucks take a long time to develop and he was a bit of a late starter. His lack of pace and mobility is a major concern but the rest of his game is fine. As long as he doesn't mind being a lower wage earner I think there could be a long term place on our list as a squad player and our third ruck option.

46 isn't a toppie it's Sam Murray

ugg, was noticing young X Richards doing an apprenticeship job down back. I believe he will be able to step into the job one day, a succession plan. Your thoughts?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast