Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 6 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Teddy is listed as 2-3 weeks on the injury list of 21 April, so that gives Aliir a chance to also play the Bombers in round 8 if he does well this weekend.
    It's v bombers round 7, which he'll surely play. Then v Richmond round 8 which I expect he'll play too if Teddy's still out.

If you think back a bit to the early days of LRT's career, there weren't many highlights until the 2005 GF, after which we started to view him differently. Eventually he became a legend loved by all Swans' supporters. Reg also went though quite a long and much maligned apprenticeship. Even the most sought out defenders like Cale Hooker go through much criticism during early years. It just takes time to learn the craft.

It's hard to know how Aliir will go this week or what path his career will take, only that it's not often that key defenders come out and play great from the start. I'm sure there will be mistakes, but hopefully he shows he has a big future in the AFL. As it stands now, a Talia-Aliir KPD combo looks the most likely replacement for Ted and Reg although that's just based on who we have on our list rather than on a body of good performances.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I'm also very excited about aliir. I've only seen a little bit of him in the Neafl live steams but I like his athleticism and his leap is terrific. He can also ruck a little and be third man up. I too think he has the potential to lift when surrounded by senior players and in the ferrocity of afl level footy
    Best thing for him to play against a bottom team with not too many tall forwards.

Sometimes a game in the first can lift the confidence after three years of not going places.

And we must prepare for the retirement of teddy.

We have Talia, a good additions, but AA needs to put his hand up now!

At the end of the season, there will be a cull, and we have too many reserve backmen.
    doof-doof

Song for Aliir.

Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Aliir, Nankervis, Hiscox, Jones in for Teddy

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Ext bench is those four plus Robinson Cunningham and Hewett

No Rohan. Must be playing in the reserves.

Veterans List
    No O'Riordan. Must be playing in the reserves.

:-)

Allir's promotion not good news for X Richards. Has X stagnated in the ressies?
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Best thing for him to play against a bottom team with not too many tall forwards.

Sometimes a game in the first can lift the confidence after three years of not going places.

And we must prepare for the retirement of teddy.

We have Talia, a good additions, but AA needs to put his hand up now!

At the end of the season, there will be a cull, and we have too many reserve backmen.
    Poor old Teddy gets retired a lot.

By Ted missing 2 rounds he comes in at Round 7 a fresh player. This should enable his geriatric body to easily get through a rigorous season right to the GF. Then again he will be quickly get written off if he has a howler. Longmire said he will be doing all the training so will not lose any fitness.
    Last edited by Nico; 28th April 2016 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Poor old Teddy gets retired a lot.
    Yes he does - and Reg often gets wrapped up with Ted and retired as well - despite the fact that Reg is in fantastic form, only turns 30 in June and hopefully should have quite a few years left!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes he does - and Reg often gets wrapped up with Ted and retired as well - despite the fact that Reg is in fantastic form, only turns 30 in June and hopefully should have quite a few years left!
    Reg ought to be in AA contention at this stage of the year. Rarely gets outbodied, and his ball use has improved majorly this year. Is having a cracking start to the year , and he was pretty darn good last year to.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast