Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 6 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Great news about Rohan. I expect that he will play in the NEAFL before a call up to the firsts.
    I think Rohan would need at least two NEAFL games before coming into the seniors.

A forward line of Franklin, Tipett / Sinclair Heeney, Rohan and Papley is very exciting.

I think Robinson would be the most likely out for Rohnan.

Rohan also gives the flexibility to play in the backline. His 2014 preliminary final game was the greatest game played by a half back flanker according to Wayne Carey.

As for Sam Reid, I think if he was listed as 2 weeks it would end up being 4 weeks. Those Reid boys take longer than other players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I thought Abe was mainly playing up forward, at least he seemed to on Saturday.

At the risk of sounding like a Ressies basher I thought he looked a but "heavy", perhaps even carrying a bit of extra padding, certainly not the physique of a senior AFL footballer
    Abe was recruited as a KPP who could play both forward or back. He is the same height as Reg and just a few kilos lighter and has also been played on the wing and in the midfield so has no problems with his tank. Plays in a fairly low key mnner but is very effective. He could easily be a Reg replacement in a few years IMHO.

He was third highest possession winner in the last ressies game I think and seems to be fully fit after a slow start to the season.Must be a chance.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Abe was recruited as a KPP who could play both forward or back. He is the same height as Reg and just a few kilos lighter and has also been played on the wing and in the midfield so has no problems with his tank. Plays in a fairly low key mnner but is very effective. He could easily be a Reg replacement in a few years IMHO.

He was third highest possession winner in the last ressies game I think and seems to be fully fit after a slow start to the season.Must be a chance.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    I see Abe as a long term prospect but it may not be this year he gets his chance but I'd probably go for him over Aliir if we blood another rookie

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    I think Rohan would need at least two NEAFL games before coming into the seniors.

A forward line of Franklin, Tipett / Sinclair Heeney, Rohan and Papley is very exciting.

I think Robinson would be the most likely out for Rohnan.

Rohan also gives the flexibility to play in the backline. His 2014 preliminary final game was the greatest game played by a half back flanker according to Wayne Carey.

As for Sam Reid, I think if he was listed as 2 weeks it would end up being 4 weeks. Those Reid boys take longer than other players.
    Rohan faces a fight to regain his spot on the list. I know he had the horrific injury he has come back from but for mine he owes the club big time and whilst he was not alone in our 2014 GF disgrace he was one of the worst.

I know he is under contract until 2017 but of we are looking at freeing up some space and getting some 2017 draft picks or looking for a make-weight in a KPD trade then Gary has trade bait written all over him

Veterans List
    I don't know about that but I do agree the Lions are not to be taken lightly. And we are certainly very vulnerable at the back if Red goes down but then again most clubs would struggle if they had their top three KPDs out I guess.

It will be interesting to see how we address the KPD issue at season end if Ted does retire as I think he will. Reid could well be placed permanently down back and I wouldn't also be surprised to see us trade our first round draft pick next year for an up and coming backman much like what we did to get Ted in the first place.
    MP; on Saturday's game there is no way Ted will retire at the end of the season. It was bad luck he got a whack in the eye from a bloke who regularly does does sly acts in the name of "hard play". Ted plays deep back and expends as little energy as possible. Fletcher extended his career by doing exactly that. I would think he plays at least next season. Ted shows me no signs of his career waning and until he does I will back him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    MP; on Saturday's game there is no way Ted will retire at the end of the season. It was bad luck he got a whack in the eye from a bloke who regularly does does sly acts in the name of "hard play". Ted plays deep back and expends as little energy as possible. Fletcher extended his career by doing exactly that. I would think he plays at least next season. Ted shows me no signs of his career waning and until he does I will back him in.
    I would certainly agree that based on his form to date that Ted would be ready to go around again.

Whether he can remains to be seen, he started to get towelled up a bit last year and I'll reserve my judgement over the course of the year.

I'd hate to see him go a season too long.....

Veterans List
    I see Abe as a long term prospect but it may not be this year he gets his chance but I'd probably go for him over Aliir if we blood another rookie

- - - Updated - - -

Rohan faces a fight to regain his spot on the list. I know he had the horrific injury he has come back from but for mine he owes the club big time and whilst he was not alone in our 2014 GF disgrace he was one of the worst.

I know he is under contract until 2017 but of we are looking at freeing up some space and getting some 2017 draft picks or looking for a make-weight in a KPD trade then Gary has trade bait written all over him
    Oh excuse me. He owes the club nothing. That was as bad an injury that any player could get. If he doesn't produce the goods then we will never know if the injury was the reason, but he would be excused for using it as an excuse. Frankly all Rohan has do is find the footy a lot more and with the side we have he may get that opportunity. By the way the 2014 debacle was a team thing.

The way Tom Harley was speaking I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Rohan straight back into the firsts this week.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...eady-to-return

�He�s done a really good block of work now so we�re confident he will be able to contribute straight off the bat. We�ve still got match committee later in the week and Gary will certainly be discussed there.�
    Last edited by aardvark; 27th April 2016 at 09:39 AM.

We need to move on from 2014.

Rohan has been injury prone but there is no way we'd be keen to trade him. We're not exactly blessed with speed so after losing Jetta last year we'd be mad to trade our fastest player. He's a good mark, decent kick, and provides serious speed. We've been crying out for a bit more run and carry and Rohan provides that.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    ... I thought he looked a but "heavy", ...
    I see what you did there, even if you didn't mean it.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Ted could play as the third tall next year as he is an excellent reader of the play, probably play seniors when there is a match up for him.

Think I'd like to see Rohan get a NEAFL game or two under his belt before returning to seniors. What role does he play, straight to the wing for some much needed outside speed and resting forward? If he does come in for Ted I think Laidler (if he plays) or Rampe could take a Brisbane KPF as they are not exactly imposing types at this stage.

Goes up to 11
    Cheer cheer Aliir Aliir!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast