Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 6 V Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Who gets rookie or LTI listed then?
    Not quite sure what you mean - but we have had two players on LTI list, Rohan, and Alex Johnson who is on the LTI list indefinitely. We have only elevated one rookie (Papley) who has notionally filled Rohan's vacancy. With Rohan's return we still have Johnson's vacancy so I think most of us are expecting that Papley will now be named a rookie elevation to replace Johnson.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    ...and Benny Mathews before him.
    Tim Schmidt, anyone?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I can't wait to Aliir get a run.
    He looked very good running round in Coffs earlier in the year. He was all over Tippett.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Tim Schmidt, anyone?
    I had forgotten about Schmidt. I always thought he was going to eventually make it. He seemed to have a footy brain but just didn't quite have the skills to make it in the seniors.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great story.......good luck Aliir!
    Yes, it is a great story.
    Go Chand Chand!

Four AFL debutants in the first six weeks of a season, wonder when we did that last, the introduction of this new talent really has made the season very exciting to date for me.

I have never been sold on Aliir when I've seen him but that doesn't mean I don't want him to do well. Best for him to get a taste of senior football and sink or swim.

Reckon Davis and O'Riordan are also outside chances for a call up sometime this year

Senior Player
    Teddy is listed as 2-3 weeks on the injury list of 21 April, so that gives Aliir a chance to also play the Bombers in round 8 if he does well this weekend.

Goes up to 11
    For some reason I reckon Aliir could lift his game to another level when he's sureounded by quality teammates in the 1s. Not expecting miracles, and he's still pretty raw, but I think he'll do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    For some reason I reckon Aliir could lift his game to another level when he's sureounded by quality teammates in the 1s. Not expecting miracles, and he's still pretty raw, but I think he'll do ok.
    I'd say that unless he has a shocker he'll get at least a couple of games which will do wonders for his confidence and development. He's only 21 and had a late start to the game so really he's still got plenty of time on his side given he is such a superb athlete. We really do development well at the Swans, I know I bagged his efforts against Southport on the weekend but I'm really excited about him debuting now...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    With respect Ludwig I don't think Aliir is anywhere close to senior selection. He was deadest ordinary on Saturday and I was below Rhyce and AJ and he was absolutely doing there head in. He is a perfect physical specimen and he is athletically and physique wise ready for AFL football but he just seems to have no positional sense at all. His kicking is OK without being sensational............
    Just shows how we don't always see the same as the inner sanctum!

I think we are all really interested to see if Aliir can do the job at senior level where he is surrounded by experienced backmen to assist him rather than ressie players. Brisbane then Essendon are two good sides to start on. Fingers crossed.

I have only watched him live a couple of times in NEAFL, and occasionally watched Ressie replays. IMHO, Allir is incredibly athletic with a Nic Nac type leap. He mostly seemed to punch the ball rather than mark it, and mostly seemed to play from behind.

I agree that having senior people around him will help to position him and assist his judgement.

Senior Player
    I'm also very excited about aliir. I've only seen a little bit of him in the Neafl live steams but I like his athleticism and his leap is terrific. He can also ruck a little and be third man up. I too think he has the potential to lift when surrounded by senior players and in the ferrocity of afl level footy

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast