Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 6 V Brisbane.

Changes for Rnd 6 V Brisbane.

Out. Robbo
    In. Jones

Macca or Mills to play up the ground.

Veterans List
    Reward best players in the NEAFL - O'Riordan to debut :-) Just kidding but sounds like he is really impressing, could make a surprise first year debut if he keeps this up.

Senior Player
    And so it starts. I will wait until I've watched the replay before opining.

I was however impressed by O'Riordan in the first half of the Neafl that I watched. He is obviously on the rookie list though so can't play unless upgraded and that's not going to happen this year unless we have a disastrous injury run.

Btw I think papley will now def take AJ place when Rohan returns to the senior list

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    And so it starts. I will wait until I've watched the replay before opining.

I was however impressed by O'Riordan in the first half of the Neafl that I watched. He is obviously on the rookie list though so can't play unless upgraded and that's not going to happen this year unless we have a disastrous injury run.

Btw I think papley will now def take AJ place when Rohan returns to the senior list
    Papley surely takes AJ's place. He will has his good and bad days this season, but he is already adding so much to the team, and was fantastic yesterday. He looks a really decent prospect, especially once his decision making with the ball improves.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I would not be surprised if Harry gets a rest. He rolled his ankle pretty badly. Then again he did play out the game.
    Hopefully Laidler isn't too badly concussed and can get up for next week. But we can afford to give him a week off too.
    Out: Cunningham (ankle), Laidler (conc.)
    In: Jones, Aliir
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I'd like to give Rose a run against Brissie

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I'd like to give Rose a run against Brissie
    I reckon he deserves a game too but not playing at all this weekend won't help his case.

No change.

I wouldnt take brisbane lightly.

Agree Barry unless there is a forced change due to an injury.

When does the time come for some player management. Papley and Mills are first year players and have played five straight games. They have played at the large Adelaide Oval and now on the wet and heavy SCG. Their young bodies must be starting to feel the pinch.

When do they get their "general soreness break"? They won't be able to sustain this level for the whole season.

There are some easier games coming up before the Hawks. Is now a good time for these two guys to be freshened up?

Changes.

Out - Laidler (injured), Cunningham (injured),
    Mills (general soreness)

Ins - Jones, Rose, Towers

Papley can have general soreness the following week.

Agree with Luke Mills should be given a break this week played two great games but don't want to burn him out so early in the year.

Lions have a small forward line Jones would be a good inclusion

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    General Soreness has nothing on Major Nuisance, but I hope they check with Captain Jack first.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast