Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting how our fixture is turning out...

Like last year I don't care whether the swans win. I just hope those cheating bastard Hawks don't win.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Like last year I don't care whether the swans win. I just hope those cheating bastard Hawks don't win.
    +1 to this - Anyone but the wees and poos!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Certainly wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves but I would say we are certainly in the top 4 conversation at least at this point. Something myself and a lot of others on here weren't overly confident of 6 weeks ago. The Hawks look beatable, North I'm still not entirely sold on but they've done everything asked of them so far so have to be respected. Adelaide look very good. The Dogs are great but injuries are mounting. Cats are good but i think will be more a 5-8 side. Very interesting season ahead.
    Completely agree with this MB. I wasn't confident at all before a ball was bounced in anger, and still have reservations, but we could not have asked for anything more than what we've seen so far.

Wees and Poos still clearly the team to beat, but there are a bunch of teams in that next rung below them (dogs, cats, crows, swans, norf, maybe Weagles if they can learn to win away from home) that all could genuinely stake a claim for top 4, and to challenge the Hawks on their best day. Going to be a really good season I think, and the quality of football more generally so far has been fantastic!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Pissed off that Hawks have snuck over the line for their last three wins. Poor umpiring got them over against Adelaide and Saints.

Don't write off Adelaide, they are mighty impressive, could have been unbeaten, as we could have.

Veterans List
    To be sure, it is a season of relative joy so far, compared to last years 'annus horribilus', and I must say as a life long Swans fan, it is nice to be able to say that after finishing fifth, outside of the depressing Goodes treatment that is. I echo many of the thoughts expressed on this thread so far. As far as the flag goes, at this stage of the season, we are wise not getting ahead of ourselves, but I believe we have as much a chance as anyone at the moment. If not this year, maybe next year, but we may just do it a year early! Early days but all the signs are good. Post Edit: Apologies, this is in the wrong thread......long story.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 26th April 2016 at 07:20 PM.

Veterans List
    It could very well be a war of attrition by seasons end. We are standing up ok so far.

Controversial AFL umpire displays Hawthorn banner on his Twitter account | Sporting News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | MLB | NASCAR | UFC | WWE | Sporting News

To me this just confirms what we've suspected all along. Also with umpires like Stevic.

Not a grand conspiracy, but I honestly believe a few umpires are corrupted by their past allegiances and needs to be investigated. I'd wager Langford has something to do with it.

A lot of idiot Hawks fans on facebook are banging on about how they thrashed teams like us in their Grand Finals therefore, the umpiring makes no difference.

On the contrary, in four of the last three preliminary finals they've played in, the games were decided by less than a goal. We probably should have been playing against Adelaide and Port Adelaide in each of our 2012 and 2014 Grand Finals if the Prelims were umpired in a fair way. Both games had VEEEERY questionable umpiring decisions.

Veterans List
    What a tool. The AFL should give him the lemonade.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pissed off that Hawks have snuck over the line for their last three wins. Poor umpiring got them over against Adelaide and Saints.

Don't write off Adelaide, they are mighty impressive, could have been unbeaten, as we could have.
    Couldn't agree more.

On another note, my tipping is horrifically @@@@ this year, which to me does not indicate a @@@@ness of tipping, but rather an unpredictable season. So yeah, not sure sure about our possible good run until I see it happen.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I wish swans supporters would start a chant, 'Hawthorn umpires, clap clap clap clap clap,' when we play those scumbags.

I hate the Hawthorn fan base more than the West Coast eagles fan base in their prime during the Ben Cousins saga. Goddamn bandwagon, pet membership, AFL-assisted, knee-lifting 'but he's a good bloke' bastards.

Andrew Stephens, AFL umpire, is not a Hawthorn fan

Ah yes, I see his mate is sticking up for him as predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

On another note, my tipping is horrifically @@@@ this year, which to me does not indicate a @@@@ness of tipping, but rather an unpredictable season. So yeah, not sure sure about our possible good run until I see it happen.
    I won one round with a perfect score.
    Aside from that - up and down.
    If the Swans keep on winning, I get at least one right every week
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

But Danzar, the form lines so far are spot on. Tip on form, not the heart.

The Tiges Stink, Port are very ordinary, Bummers are no good, Saints for the upsets, Freo are gorn, Blues beat Freo, say no more, Dees as for Saints. Back in the top 6. I would go the GWS most games, same for Adelaide.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Controversial AFL umpire displays Hawthorn banner on his Twitter account | Sporting News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | MLB | NASCAR | UFC | WWE | Sporting News

To me this just confirms what we've suspected all along. Also with umpires like Stevic.

Not a grand conspiracy, but I honestly believe a few umpires are corrupted by their past allegiances and needs to be investigated. I'd wager Langford has something to do with it.

A lot of idiot Hawks fans on facebook are banging on about how they thrashed teams like us in their Grand Finals therefore, the umpiring makes no difference.

On the contrary, in four of the last three preliminary finals they've played in, the games were decided by less than a goal. We probably should have been playing against Adelaide and Port Adelaide in each of our 2012 and 2014 Grand Finals if the Prelims were umpired in a fair way. Both games had VEEEERY questionable umpiring decisions.
    Those Prelims are really where the Hawks got their just desserts for their years of worship to the Umpiring gods. In particular 2012 - they were so very lucky to get through Tippo's last game for the Crows (before he escaped the asylum). 2014 was not far behind.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12