Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting how our fixture is turning out...

Interesting how our fixture is turning out...

Next 3 games
    Lions
    Bombers
    Tigers

Last 6 games
    Blues
    Dockers
    Power
    Saints
    Kangaroos
    Tigers

All of the next 3 games should be wins
    5 out of the last 6 should be wins

I know that every game is a potential loss, and that some teams will have form flips, but right now it's looking pretty good.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Next 3 games
    Lions
    Bombers
    Tigers

Last 6 games
    Blues
    Dockers
    Power
    Saints
    Kangaroos
    Tigers

I know that every game is a potential loss, and that some teams will have form flips, but right now it's looking pretty good.
    Very fortunate that tigers had a fall from grace. As well as Freo.

Looking good so far.

Though, I'd rather the swans face the best and beat the best rather than beating up on crappy teams faking our way to the finals.

I certainly agree with the last statement, I love beating the best like we did on the weekend.

But Richmond seem to have it over us so I will not be confident going into that game at all.

Veterans List
    You need to rely on Freo, Wretchmond and Power not getting it together and still being crappy later in the year. That said, barring injuries we should have them covered.

What about the tough stretch of nine games in between the softer runs bookended by the old enemy Hawthorn?

Hawks @ MCG
    Norf @ SCG
    Suns @ Metricon
    Giants @ Spotty
    Melbourne @ SCG (their supporters may not head to the snow as frequently this winter
    Bullies @ SCG (memories of the wet game last year)
    Dangerfields @ Kardinia
    Hawthorn @ SCG

That run of games will show where we are at

Veterans List
    We should have Norf covered as well. Not getting overly worried about where they are ATM, their Adelaide win was ok, but top team they are not......I'd be more worried by the Richmond game to be honest, where they should have their 'late season finals run' well under way.........

Regular in the Side
    wit the way this season is going its hard to see who the real contenders are, however after seeing seeing the first 5 rounds honest assessment is prob only 3 teams maybe 4 teams genuine

Swans - as long as we dont get injuries to key mids
    Hawks - they just find a way, but need to see against stronger teams like us and North, cats really got on top
    North - they can score, however their defence is an issue
    Crows/ Cats - undecided between the 2

dogs their injuries will set them back i think

though we could finish the season 18-4... hawks,dogs and tigers we haave to be careful of..

Hawthorn have won while roughhead and hodge have been mostly out. That does not bode well for the rest of the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Hawthorn have won while roughhead and hodge have been mostly out. That does not bode well for the rest of the comp.
    Swans have won while Reid, Rohan and McVeigh have been mostly out. That does not bode well for Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    You need to rely on Freo, Wretchmond and Power not getting it together and still being crappy later in the year. That said, barring injuries we should have them covered.

What about the tough stretch of nine games in between the softer runs bookended by the old enemy Hawthorn?

Hawks @ MCG
    Norf @ SCG
    Suns @ Metricon
    Giants @ Spotty
    Melbourne @ SCG (their supporters may not head to the snow as frequently this winter
    Dangerfields @ Kardinia
    Hawthorn @ SCG

Tough, but 5 / 8 are in sydney so not that bad.

Certainly wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves but I would say we are certainly in the top 4 conversation at least at this point. Something myself and a lot of others on here weren't overly confident of 6 weeks ago. The Hawks look beatable, North I'm still not entirely sold on but they've done everything asked of them so far so have to be respected. Adelaide look very good. The Dogs are great but injuries are mounting. Cats are good but i think will be more a 5-8 side. Very interesting season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Next 3 games
    Lions
    Bombers
    Tigers

Last 6 games
    Blues
    Dockers
    Power
    Saints
    Kangaroos
    Tigers

You'd have to back us in as being very very good chances of being 7-1 after Round 8 and that is a remarkable result given how concerned I was about the start to our season and my general uncertainty re our chances. I was honestly resigned to us being bottom of the 8 and maybe one finals win at best but the new kids and the improvement of our youngsters has just re-invigorated the side and I personally think we have quite a bit of upside in that team from Saturday over the rest of the year.

No way with the characters we have at our club will we be getting ahead of ourselves but at 6-1 top four really does become yours to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Hawks @ MCG
    Norf @ SCG
    Suns @ Metricon
    Giants @ Spotty
    Dangerfields @ Kardinia
    Hawthorn @ SCG

Agree they'll give us a good gauge

As a rule of thumb if you get 16 wins you should get top 4 based on recent ladders so you'd think we'd take 5-3 over that period to get us to 12 - 4 with a fairly soft run of games home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast