Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Laidler signs on for another two years.

Jeremy Laidler signs on for another two years.

I was pleased with the news announced today that Jeremy Laidler has signed a two year contract extension, which takes him to the end of 2018. In my team, Laidler would actually be one of the first picked, as he is always is hard at it, seems to hate being beaten by an opponent and is also quite a good user of the football.
    It's also good that it comes on the back of new contracts for Kierin Jack, Luke Parker, Nick Smith and Harry Cunningham; which seems to suggest that there are a lot of happy campers around the place.

Laidler a lock - sydneyswans.com.au

Not bad for a carlton reject

not first picked for me

BUT an important part of our 22
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Not bad for a carlton reject
    Yes, we're good at rehabilitating rejects. Though some might quibble with the term, reject, Ted Richards, Benny McGlynn and Josh Kennedy do spring to mind.
    And I was thinking while watching us dish out another thrashing to Carlton the other week, that Laidler must have been chuckling away to himself, that they were unable to find a place for him on their not so mighty roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And I was thinking while watching us dish out another thrashing to Carlton the other week, that Laidler must have been chuckling away to himself, that they were unable to find a place for him on their not so mighty roster.
    Careful - Matt Spangher probably had very similar chuckles all the way through the 2014 GF.

There are a fair few clubs that have been helped out by Malthouse's poor player assessments. Thanks Mick for giving us Jeremy. And cheers from Adelaide and North Melbourne as well.

I always like this little joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There are a fair few clubs that have been helped out by Malthouse's poor player assessments. Thanks Mick for giving us Jeremy. And cheers from Adelaide and North Melbourne as well.

I always like this little joke.

Hmmm, since that mission is complete, I wonder if Mick's any chance of getting his old job back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Careful - Matt Spangher probably had very similar chuckles all the way through the 2014 GF.
    Yes, quite possibly, but I often find that having a selective memory is really quite handy.

Very happy with this re-signing but one I expected to be a regulation one.

Laidler is one of my favourite players the unheralded way he goes about his business so this is good news

Excellent news. He plays that role that not many can, or want to, play...He goes back with the flight over and over again.

He gets in the face of his opponents and upsets their focus. He's become an integral piece of our backline glue.

He's a beauty.

Really glad he's staying a Swan.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Excellent news. He plays that role that not many can, or want to, play...He goes back with the flight over and over again.

He gets in the face of his opponents and upsets their focus. He's become an integral piece of our backline glue.

He's a beauty.

Right on.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

He's a beauty.

+1
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

+2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast