Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Coorparoo

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: D. Towers, H. Marsh, J. Foote, L. Melican, J. Rose, X. Richards

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I arrived halfway through the first quarter in time to see Brisbane kick three consecutive goals - their only majors for the game! Light rain without let up throughout made it very difficult with the ball being very slippery and lots of scrimmages.

BJ got a lot of the ball but wasted it a lot. Towers did some nice things. Rohan looked to be playing half back and went nicely for a first hit out. Naismith for a very big man in wet conditions showed some good skills and good pace, be interested to hear from regular ressie watchers if he shows those in other games. O'Riordan looked right at home in the conditions, much like an Irish summer's day, and looks an impressive unit with neat foot disposal, we look to have a player there.

Then to the Gabba for the heartstopper, we have work to do after that display.
    Naismith is remarkably quick for his size and has good skills. Injuries are what has held him back.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best Players: D. Towers, H. Marsh, J. Foote, L. Melican, J. Rose, X. Richards
    Interesting, two KPDS with very low stats in the best according to the NEAFL website.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the Lions Reserves team is so poor. Like us, they can fill that side with senior listed players, rookie listed players and academy players. We have sub standard AFL players and younger players who fill the reserves side, but why are we 100 points better than Brisbane. Are our acedemy top ups so superior when compared to Brisbane's.

It's bewildering!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Naismith is remarkably quick for his size and has good skills. Injuries are what has held him back.
    I've got serious doubts about Sam ever making it. He pranced around Drummoyne Oval like a ballerina last weekend and for mine he is just too slight in build to be a ruckman. He seriously needs to stack on at least 15kgs to that frame of his.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I arrived halfway through the first quarter in time to see Brisbane kick three consecutive goals - their only majors for the game! Light rain without let up throughout made it very difficult with the ball being very slippery and lots of scrimmages.

BJ got a lot of the ball but wasted it a lot. Towers did some nice things. Rohan looked to be playing half back and went nicely for a first hit out. Naismith for a very big man in wet conditions showed some good skills and good pace, be interested to hear from regular ressie watchers if he shows those in other games. O'Riordan looked right at home in the conditions, much like an Irish summer's day, and looks an impressive unit with neat foot disposal, we look to have a player there.

Then to the Gabba for the heartstopper, we have work to do after that display.
    Couldn't agree more about O'Riordan, he looks to have all the tools to be an AFL player.

Towers is an interesting one as to his future. He's a quality bloke from what I can gather I reckon he'd be a good professional around the club. And if he's not too excessive with his salary demands then I could see us locking him in for at least a couple of years as a good squad player.

But would that suit Dean? I wouldn't think there'd be a huge line of suitors but I do think he'd be able to get more regular senior footy at a bottom six club like a Carlton or Brisbane and he wouldn't cost them much in terms of what they give up.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I've got serious doubts about Sam ever making it. He pranced around Drummoyne Oval like a ballerina last weekend and for mine he is just too slight in build to be a ruckman. He seriously needs to stack on at least 15kgs to that frame of his.
    I suppose we will find out before long but it was not long ago that Sam was regularly smashing Rory Lobb in the ruck in the NEAFL. He does have talent and he is heavier than Lobb who is now regarded as a contested marking machine by some.

Currently though I think that Toby is our best second ruck and clearly better in the wet than Sinclair. Sam needs a few games to get fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Towers is an interesting one as to his future. He's a quality bloke from what I can gather I reckon he'd be a good professional around the club. And if he's not too excessive with his salary demands then I could see us locking him in for at least a couple of years as a good squad player.
    Nothing has changed with Towers...We drafted him as a mature aged player because he looked great at VFL level....

He still looks great at VFL/NEAFL level...Unfortunately he's only shown 1 good game at AFL level in 2 years.

Can't see why the Swans would want to re-sign him on that form.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Towers is a list clogger at a bottom club and a depth player at a top club. Hes a bit like spranger. In which case if he left he needs to go to a good club otherwise his carear is doomed. Similarly, we should keep him.

Naismith is regarded by Taubert as the best tap ruckman at the club, and that included the time when Pyke was at the club last year. He already weighs 104kg according to the Swans website, not sure getting to 120 is the best option for him. In any case, if anything, I thought he was a bit careless last week at Drummoyne when he was trying to throw his weight around (playing exclusively forward) but was too clumsy and gave away quite a few free kicks.

Do we have the stat sheet for the game yet?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast