Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 6 Match Day Thread. Brisbane Lions V Sydney Swans. 1.10pm at The Gabba

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rnd 6 Match Day Thread. Brisbane Lions V Sydney Swans. 1.10pm at The Gabba

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Good luck Aliir Aliir, Swans by 67pts. Go Swannies!

Blog Entries
    Very wet here atm.
    Hopefully it will clear before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Very wet here atm.
    Hopefully it will clear before the game.
    Don't really like the chances of that happening. At the moment, there is still plenty of rain feeding from the poorly named Sunshine Coast. Bleak, grey and drizzly. The sort of weather that is only good for moulds, fungi and whatever is now breeding in my saturated bike shoes, that are now stewing in the bottom of my backpack.
    Though I am looking forward to the game and especially looking forward to seeing the youngsters that I haven't seen live before: Mills, Heeney, Papley, Hewett and Aliir.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Smith out Jones in

Regular in the Side
    Should I be going to a particular pub pre-game, by taxi?

Checking the radar now, it looks like it might clear by about quarter time. Here's hoping.
    And I hope the Lions day goes just as well as this interview between an overly enthusiastic ground spruiker and a ten year old Lions supporter.
    "So Hugh, any special message of support for the Lions today?"
    "Nup."
    "So nothing to say to the Lions then?"
    "Nup".
    "Oh well, here's a supporters pack anyway".

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Checking the radar now, it looks like it might clear by about quarter time. Here's hoping.
    And I hope the Lions day goes just as well as this interview between an overly enthusiastic ground spruiker and a ten year old Lions supporter.
    "So Hugh, any special message of support for the Lions today?"
    "Nup."
    "So nothing to say to the Lions then?"
    "Nup".
    "Oh well, here's a supporters pack anyway".
    Well i can never remember a game where we have not had a banner to run through.... with the small crowd here it feels more like a reserves game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Well i can never remember a game where we have not had a banner to run through.... with the small crowd here it feels more like a reserves game.
    Apparently Security were concerned the Wet Crepe Paper would ruin the ground in the rain.

I should attend more I/S matches. Since I started attending matches away from Melbourne in 2009, I haven't seen us lose. We've been damn close a couple of times.
    Yesterday was shocking.
    Moments of brilliance, and a few moments of hard work and pressure.
    But most of the time we were slack.
    Brisbane nearly always ran in packs. On turn overs they seemed to have many numbers running hard and free.
    We were also very wasteful with disposals just missing targets far too often, even from close range under very little pressure.
    Also trying to mark like dry weather rather than wet weather.
    We were just lucky that their long range goal kicking was off.
    Took 2 free kicks, a "Stretcher" break, Parker, and a couple of great marks from Laidler in defence to get us across the line.

Sinclair is a very average player. Mike Pyke was far superior to this bloke.
    Rampe was pretty average yesterday as well. For all his good work his turnovers are far too costly.
    Poor Allir. Not the best of debuts. At least his first few touches were alright.

No Smith or Ted left huge holes in our back line.

Glad to get the 4 points, but we have a long way to go to match the top teams on that effort.

Glad to get the 4 points, but we have a long way to go to match the top teams on that effort.
    Who are these top teams you speak of. Surely not Norf!!! The top team of the past 3 years just got belted by GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Who are these top teams you speak of. Surely not Norf!!! The top team of the past 3 years just got belted by GWS.
    Exactly. Every week is different. A 10 goal beating of Brisbane wouldn't make us any better placed to beat the 'top teams'.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I reckon North and the dogs would beat us with that performance yesterday.
    The crows beat us with hard running, Lions played similar, but were just not as skillful.

Apparently Security were concerned the Wet Crepe Paper would ruin the ground in the rain.

I should attend more I/S matches. Since I started attending matches away from Melbourne in 2009, I haven't seen us lose. We've been damn close a couple of times.
    Yesterday was shocking.
    Moments of brilliance, and a few moments of hard work and pressure.
    But most of the time we were slack.
    Brisbane nearly always ran in packs. On turn overs they seemed to have many numbers running hard and free.
    We were also very wasteful with disposals just missing targets far too often, even from close range under very little pressure.
    Also trying to mark like dry weather rather than wet weather.
    We were just lucky that their long range goal kicking was off.
    Took 2 free kicks, a "Stretcher" break, Parker, and a couple of great marks from Laidler in defence to get us across the line.

Sinclair is a very average player. Mike Pyke was far superior to this bloke.
    Rampe was pretty average yesterday as well. For all his good work his turnovers are far too costly.
    Poor Allir. Not the best of debuts. At least his first few touches were alright.

No Smith or Ted left huge holes in our back line.

That is quite amusing if that is the reason ScottH about the banner. We did wonder why the Lions banner was all cut up like it was when they run out.

Allir looked a bit lost out there for large chunks - but there were a moment or two where he did a couple of decent things. I hope he gets a couple of more games to get some more experience and to highlight just how much more he needs to achieve before he reaches AFL level.

I disagree on Rampe - he had his brain fart moments, but I thought (as I posted a bit earlier) that he really stood up when needed towards the end of the game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast