Thread: the best and worst sledgers

the best and worst sledgers

Saviour said, ............"Harsh... but fair. Pretty sure our hill only found a voice after watching Manlys supporters in their first year up. I personally only took to sledging after attending an away game at Picken where everyone copped it. Some good players go to @@@@ once the banter starts....UTS get into it too."

And he's opened up a can of worms here.
    Who does the best/worst/most sledging ?
    I reckon the social scientists could draw some kind of line through Sydney to separate the sledging clubs from the rest...
    on the upper north shore you would find the polite, politically correct fans of Gore Hill, Penno, Norris Lurker, Baulko and me. (And you'd count out Manly because they now have the 'poxx', caught from the GWS alliance).
    Below the harbour bridge, the Gladesville bridge and the Iron Cove bridge, you would find the foul-mouthed sledgers aka "Westie Bogans". Look on the map and you'll see who you expect to see.....St George, UTS, Picken, Auburn, Mug Punter, Balmain (especially Balmain before the revolution), and not sure who else because my SatNav loses reception when I go below the north shore.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 27th April 2016 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Saviour said, ............"Harsh... but fair. Pretty sure our hill only found a voice after watching Manlys supporters in their first year up. I personally only took to sledging after attending an away game at Picken where everyone copped it. Some good players go to @@@@ once the banter starts....UTS get into it too."

I reckon the social scientists could draw some kind of line through Sydney to separate the sledging clubs from the rest...
    on the upper north shore you would find the polite, politically correct fans of Gore Hill, Penno, Norris Lurker, Baulko and me. (And you'd count out Manly because they now have the 'poxx', caught from the GWS alliance).
    Below the harbour bridge, the Gladesville bridge and the Iron Cove bridge, you would find the foul-mouthed sledgers aka "Westie Bogans". Look on the map and you'll see who you expect to see.....St George, UTS, Picken, Auburn, Mug Punter, Balmain (especially Balmain before the revolution), and not sure who else because my SatNav loses reception when I go below the north shore.
    What a dumb post

Wow! ... that was an ill conceived post justawanker!

How remiss of me... I mentioned all the polite fans on the north side of the divide. But l left out Pekay!
    I called into Benson's Lane one day and was impressed by the warm and civilised reception that our visiting team received. Sorry.

Our elevated clubroom balcony over the northern 50m line is the perfect place to call one's deviant proclivities into question. If the shoe fits, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post

From my playing days Manly was often the most unpleasant place to visit and it was not uncommon for hostilities to bubble over into the crowd as their peanut Under 20s and Reserve Graders proceeded to more and more blind drunk as the afternoon went on.

A big part of their problems lay with Leigh Adams and his cohorts, without doubt one of the more offensive cliques in Sydney football

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    From my playing days Manly was often the most unpleasant place to visit and it was not uncommon for hostilities to bubble over into the crowd as their peanut Under 20s and Reserve Graders proceeded to more and more blind drunk as the afternoon went on.

A big part of their problems lay with Leigh Adams and his cohorts, without doubt one of the more offensive cliques in Sydney football
    For the record anyone who goes there these days is treated to a far more please experience however have to agree. The worst aspect to be honest were the girls, the abuse the handed out topped their boys

To be honest manly were very quiet round 1. Might have more to do with the score board tho.

Good game v moorebank in div 4 today. Topped with one of the moorebank blokes scabbing a dart off the hill and sculling a tinny!

Plus i kicked my first goal in about 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Plus i kicked my first goal in about 4 years.
    So did you celebrate like Ted Richards?

from UNCONFUSEME:-
    "For justabaraker's information, the ECE Div 1 boys, who moved to the eastern side of the ground, behind their bench, DID give their best impression of a bunch of "westies" when things started looking grim for the Eagles ... but they lacked polish to be fair, and will improve with the outing!
    "
    This is disappointing news UCM. How sad to hear that the Baulko Boys are getting 'infected' by being the presence of those horribles on the Olds Park Scoreboard Hill.
    It's a bit unfair actually, because those on the Scoreboard Hill are up high and their foul language travels across the park, whereas the Baulko Boys would be at ground level so you wouldn't have properly heard their best polished material.
    The Picken Plebs are a bit elevated AND can stand on the back of their Hilux utes, so they are hard to compete with.

Go to a UNSW-Bulldogs match as we did yesterday and you can hear a pin drop......then again, that's probably because their supporters don't seem to turn up to away matches.

Don't you worry about those "East Blacktown Eagles" boys justa, the only affliction they were suffering was a collective sore ass from the spanking they had copped at the hands of the Dragons in Div1. It didn't affect their vocal chords though, with just a little lubrication to assist ... they could have been at the bottom of a mine shaft and they still would have been heard in Hurstville, inarticulate as they were!

... as for the Bulldogs fans, they were probably just shagged out from the 2 hour trip west to be bothered to give a shout ... "where tf is Cherrybrook, and how do we get home" would have been the only thing you might have heard them murmuring!

PS: you might want to invest in a UBD yourself justa, your navigational sense and understanding of "west" seems a bit off in general

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    PS: you might want to invest in a UBD yourself justa, your navigational sense and understanding of "west" seems a bit off in general
    One thing I've learned between this gig & my GWS one - Like "Queensland" for rugby league and "England" for cricket, "Greater Western Sydney" in Australian Football is a far larger area than the otherwise-accepted geographical boundaries.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 2nd May 2016 at 01:05 AM. Reason: duplicated post

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty