Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Essendon

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Interested in the Board's thoughts on this.
    I reckon Pridham, McMaster and Morgan are on board. I have heard Pascoe, Paramor and Worner think it was just the conditions on the weekend. Whilst Tyson, Seymour, Goodfellow and Ireland want to put more players in closer to the ruck.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I thought McVeigh was good yesterday, seemed to been one of our players to be half composed and effective with disposal

Changes will probably be
    In:
    Smith, Nankervis

Out:
    Jones, Sinclair

Really want Rose to get a run, especially against Essendon but you'd probably have to drop Hewett or Papley and it'd be a bit stiff against them

Sorry do not agree with you about Papley. He is a great pass of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Changes....
    Not so much personnel, but the way we get the ball out of the contest.
    Seemed to me that the receiver was mainly too close to the contest. For example, JPK wins the ball and handballs to someone close by, say, Hanners. Hanners is under immediate pressure so he handballs to Mitchell. Because Mitchell is too close to the ruck, the Brisbane players could peel off and place Mitchell under pressure - resulting in the ball being slammed on the boot. If Mitchell were a meter or so further outside, there is more time and space to deliver, either to an outside runner or himself. Couple of times we did this I seem to remember McGlynn had space.
    Compare GWS and the way they busted us open a few times through running handball chains.
    I'm not talking about Diesel Williams 10-15 meter handballs picking out the runner, but just a little bit more space on the outside.
    Interested in the Board's thoughts on this.
    I agree, it was painful to watch a series of 1m passes in heavy traffic when you could see the Lions were eventually going to get a chance to stick a mitt in.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robtorq View Post
    Sorry do not agree with you about Papley. He is a great pass of the ball.
    He is a good kick. That pass to Tippett in the 2nd quarter of the Collingwood game was AFL football at its best. It was such a beatiful pass.

Since that point his field kicking has been off, but his soccer kicking has been great. He is also missing goals from in front and missing his passes and handballs.

His endeavour, pressure, marking and ball handling skills remain top draw.

I'm only advocating for him to finish his great work.

If he can rediscover the consistancy of that kick to Tippett then we have a Luke Bruest.

No doubt Jones will go out if Smith is fit. There aren't any other obvious options.

But I don't like it... 'Smith and Jones' are different types of players.

I thought Jones had a really good game. His intent to run and carry, to create out of defence, is something the Swans need, IMO.

A change I would like to see is... Rose in for Robinson.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

In: Rohan.
    Out: McVeigh

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    No doubt Jones will go out if Smith is fit. There aren't any other obvious options.

But I don't like it... 'Smith and Jones' are different types of players.

I thought Jones had a really good game. His intent to run and carry, to create out of defence, is something the Swans need, IMO.

A change I would like to see is... Rose in for Robinson.
    For all his faults, what I like about Jones is he will take a game on, even when t he pressure is on. Look at his work in the lead up to 'stretchergate' for a perfect example of what he can do.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In: Rohan.
    Out: McVeigh
    Good luck with that one Barry.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Papley stays.

Yesterday McVeigh played as I have come to expect him to play in recent times. Disposal and decision making is slow. The only player who I allow to make a play for the boundary line is Grundy. McVeigh's role it to move it forward fast.

Rohan comes back through the 2's

Allir probably gets another game. I thought he did enough for a debut. I would be asking more from him in the next game, otherwise face a step back.

Hopefully Smith and Sinclair are fit.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

There is a theory that Brisbane was able to dominate in the midfield because they had an extra, while our extra was back in defense covering any problems with Aliir.

In which case its a poor strategy. Against Essendon you'd hope we roll the dice and play man on man throughout the whole ground.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast