Thread: Tickets for Kangas

Senior Player

Tickets for Kangas

OK, So we've bitten the bullet, booked the Canberra Motor Village, will pack all three kids up for Questacon and the footy!!!!
    Whats the best thing to do for match tickets??? The club, Ticketek, which areas are the best to sit????

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Tickets for Kangas

Originally posted by floppinab
    OK, So we've bitten the bullet, booked the Canberra Motor Village, will pack all three kids up for Questacon and the footy!!!!
    Whats the best thing to do for match tickets??? The club, Ticketek, which areas are the best to sit????
    Depends of where you like to sit. Am not sure whether most of the ground is set seating or reserved, but there is a quite large hill on the outer wing that you can plonk yourself on. And these weird temporary stands that wobble up the back of that.

I think Norris had a couple of URL's of pix of us all at a pre-season match a couple of years ago. I'll try and find it and post it here, so that you guys have some idea of what Manuka looks like.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Lightbulb From Ticketek website

"Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Re: Tickets for Kangas

Originally posted by floppinab
    I've decided to buy General Admittance, a family ticket is actually cheaper than two adults!
    I'm having a three day holiday staying with some friends up there
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Almost Football Legend

Re: Re: Tickets for Kangas

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Depends of where you like to sit. Am not sure whether most of the ground is set seating or reserved, but there is a quite large hill on the outer wing that you can plonk yourself on. And these weird temporary stands that wobble up the back of that.

I think Norris had a couple of URL's of pix of us all at a pre-season match a couple of years ago. I'll try and find it and post it here, so that you guys have some idea of what Manuka looks like.

JF
    http://www.geocities.com/sportsjunkieau/canb1.html

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Senior Player
    Brilliant pics Norris, perfect feel for the ground.
    I guess those aluminium seats are in the General Admission area???
    How hard do you think it will be to grab one of those, how early do you think we would need to be in the ground???

Senior Player
    Just picked up another thing with this game.
    The Canberra Marathon is on the same day and has a number of road closures around the ground.

http://www.urbanservices.act.gov.au/...saflmatch.html

On the Rookie List
    TICKETS FOR THIS GAME ARE THROUGH TICKETEK ONLY. GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS ARE THE HILL - GRASSED AREA - CATEGORY 4. THE CONCOURSE AREA , BAYS 1-29 AREA THE CHEAPEST RESERVED AREA - CATEGORY 3 . THEN THE BRADMAN STAND - CATEGORY 2 , AND THE MENZIES STAND, HAWKE STAND -UNDER COVERED RESERVE , ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE- CATEGORY 4

Go Swans Always
    We bought a week ago and thanks to Ticketek only could get Bay 25 - I hate Ticketek as I have stated before - would of liked to have a choice but no of course not.
    Love those Swans

Go Swans Always
    Floppinab by the way thanks for the warning re dum marathon - certainly can't organise anything in Canberra can they?
    Love those Swans