14:00 East Coast Eagles v UTS Bats Premier Division
    16:45 East Coast Eagles v UTS Bats Division One

University Oval (Macquarie Uni)
    13:00 Macquarie University v Auburn Giants Women�s Premier Division
    15:00 Macquarie University v Balmain Tigers Division One
    17:00 Macquarie University v Penrith Rams Division Five

Mahoney Park
    10:00 Newtown Breakaways v UNSW/ES Stingrays Women�s Division One
    12:00 Newtown Breakaways v Sydney University Bombers Women�s Premier Division
    14:10 UNSW/ES Bulldogs v Balmain Tigers Division Five

Mortgage Choice Oval
    8:30 North Shore Bombers v Sydney University Division Four
    10:30 North Shore Bombers v Sydney University Division Two
    12:30 North Shore Bombers v Pennant Hills Demons U19 Division One
    14:30 North Shore Bombers v Pennant Hills Demons Premier Division
    17:15 North Shore Bombers v Campbelltown Blues U19 Division Two

Bensons Lane
    12:00 Nor-West Jets v Sydney University Division Five
    14:10 Nor-West Jets v Balmain Tigers Division Three

Mike Kenny Oval 2
    10:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Campbelltown Blues Division Five
    12:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Campbelltown Blues Division Three
    14:30 Pennant Hills Demons v Campbelltown Blues Women�s Division One

Pioneers Park
    14:10 Randwick City Saints v Western Suburbs Magpies Division Two

Rosedale Park
    9:30 South West Sydney v Wollongong Saints Women�s Division One
    11:30 West Sydney Magpies v Hol Parramatta Goannas U19 Division Two
    13:30 South West Sydney v UTS Bats Division Five
    15:30 South West Sydney v UTS Bats Division Four
    17:30 South West Sydney v UTS Bats Division Two

Gwawley Park
    10:30 Power Wolves v UNSW/ES Stingrays Women�s Premier Division
    12:30 Southern Power v Macquarie University Division Four
    14:30 Southern Power v Hol Parramatta Goannas Division One

Sydney University Oval 1
    10:00 Sydney University v South Coast Thunder U19 Division One
    12:00 Sydney University v St George Dragons Division One
    14:15 Sydney University v St George Dragons Premier Division

Village Green
    8:30 UNSW/ES Bulldogs v Randwick City Saints Division Four
    10:30 UNSW/ES Bulldogs v St George Dragons U19 Division One
    12:30 UNSW/ES Bulldogs v Manly Warringah Division Two
    14:30 UNSW/ES Bulldogs v Manly Warringah Premier Division

BISP Oval 2
    9:00 Western Magic v St George Dragons U19 Division Two
    11:00 Western Magic v Manly Warringah Women�s Division One
    13:00 Western Magic v Manly Warringah Division Four
    15:00 Western Magic v Pennant Hills Demons Division One

Sunday 8th May

Hannaford Oval
    14:00 Wollondilly Knights v Penrith Rams Division Three
    16:00 Wollondilly Knights v Penrith Ramettes Women�s Division One

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Great to see Mother's Day matches being avoided by all clubs.....except one

Almost Football Legend
    Some interesting results today.
    North Shore getting off to a flyer against Penno, then the Demons rallying to take the lead at three-quarter time. But when the game was there to be won in the last quarter it was North Shore who stood and delivered.
    East Coast having to come from behind to knock off UTS - and we now have no undefeated sides left in Premier Division. Meanwhile, St George too good for Sydney Uni and Manly doing it easily against UNSW-ES. And plenty of footy in the other divisions.

Were you at any games this weekend? What were your impressions?

Two draws in Division 1 Sydney footy and 1 up in the Black Diamond!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hot Chick City at Gore Hill yesterday - maybe LUKE SHANNON's lovelies made the trip across the bridge because they heard that Norris Lurker was to be ground announcer.
    It was their Ladies Day and, wow, the club turned it on bigtime - nicely decorated out, heaps of people, deck chairs, bean bags, topless boy waiters with smart bowties loading up the ladies with the best Bomber Champagne from the slopes of Gore Hill in the Saint Leonards region.

And girls, girls, girls in their pretty party dresses...I'd back the eye candy of the Lower North Shore against the talent of Luke Shannon's westie chicks any day. A lot of giggling as the afternoon wore on and the bubbles kept on flowing.
    And, by the way, none of Salim Mahajar's Miss Lebanon entrants either - every girl had two eyebrows, separated in the middle.

But it seemed that the volunteer resources were a bit thin on the ground because there was some unpleasant abuse coming from the execs of the club towards some of their own. Lower North Shore people wouldn't normally eat their young like that and it surely put a dampener on the day....you know who you are.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing that there was a game of footy going on out in the middle but it was hard to tell because of all the smoke haze. Into the third quarter, the autumn sun gave in to the smoke and the day turned seriously cold. More chilly as it turned out if you were a Penno supporter.

Apart from the internal quarrelling, a super day and the club is to be congratulated.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 8th May 2016 at 11:16 AM.

Uni # 1 Oval was in splendid condition - well, that is, apart from the areas around the ground that were inexplicably saturated - wtf was going on there, it was another perfect Autumn day, 24 degrees and drenched in sun ... we haven't had rain for weeks? Not sure if that was a ploy by the SU groundsman to negate the Dragons run, not really necessary when you are playing the game on a rugby pitch, I would have thought ...

With the NEAFL bye, and the benefits that flows through, SU were fielding a strong side, however, they failed to keep pace with a skillful Dragons side in the first quarter. The Dragons were constantly sweeping the ball from defence into attack, with Mercer, Coenen and co reading the play beautifully, and setting up opportunities for their mids and forwards to convert. If anything, the Dragons were probably guilty of overplaying the handball and running game at times, especially on a ground that is 2 kicks from end to end.

The margin at the first break, 5.5 to 3.2 was a fair indication of the visitors' dominance, so the SU brains trust had no option but to resort to Plan B. The niggle and late rubbish caused the odd flare up, and even seemed to have the desired effect. At one point in the second stanza, after a glut of possession from some great ruck and clearance work, the Students managed 3 unanswered goals. Although it did send a few of their Div 1 boys scurrying back to the the bar for some more jugs of intelligence enhancer, it was only enough to reduce the deficit to 13 points at the major break.

The Dragons' response was ruthless, both on the scoreboard and at ground level. They went about the task of playing tough, uncompromising football, with the likes of Stevenson, Guthrie, Merson, Martin and Sain dominating the hard in and under contests. With the wind out of their sails, the home crowd was much quieter, as were a couple of the Students' would be snipers and downhill skiers, who were noticeably m.i.a. in the second half. The Dragons resumed full control, and with winners all over the ground, it was then just a matter of how the scoreboard would look at the final whistle.

The back six were again miserly, conceding just 1.2 for each of the third and 4th quarters. Their commitment was epitomised by the effort of Wharton, who took the field with a broken thumb, and then played out much of the match with a badly dislocated finger. Up front, Ryan and Donohue were damaging despite heavy attention, and Wynn and Napper both showed their class. Whilst an 8 goal victory is always welcome, the only concern for coach Mudge was the second half conversion rate of 7.11 ... just another area to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    ..............With the NEAFL bye, and the benefits that flows through, SU were fielding a strong side, however, they failed to keep pace with a skillful Dragons side in the first quarter. ...........
    Good report once again UCM, but I disagree that SU was stronger because of the NEAFL bye. Krochmal was the only NEAFL player yesterday and even he hardly ever plays NEAFL. Granted, he went to QLD with them last weekend.
    The rules of the NEAFL experiment are that SU NEAFL players can't play in PD other than in certain rare circumstances that didn't occur yesterday.

But, having said that, great report by you - Norris will need to be on top of his game or else his little junket job with all the perks might be under threat from you.

Cheers justa, likewise, you could take on the social page reporting, always good to know "who's up who, and who's not paying"! ... yes, they do a good job with Lady's Day at Gore Hill, very impressive!

As for NEAFL players, unconfirmed, and I happily stand to be corrected, but I was told that they can play 4 players down when they have the bye?

Noticed Krochmal and Kane Murphy out there, but I don't pretend to have a handle on the who's who of their NEAFL list to say if there were any others.

I wouldn't expect any of their guns to be doing anything more than resting up when they have the bye, but it does take a lot of pressure off resources, and it would be logical that every grade benefits within your club when the senior side has a week off.

Interestingly, although I didn't notice them, surely their entire NEAFL squad, coaches and hangers on, were there yesterday cheering the Prems. on ... after all, they are the Leading Community Football Club in Sydney ... no?

... maybe they were hiding behind the trees ... or maybe they were watching their "local" clubs play (pretty sure there's plenty of North Shore and Penno boys playing there - they might have been the ones swelling the crowd at Gore Hill) or maybe they just had no interest at all ... like the rest of Sydney AFL feels about NEAFL, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Hot Chick City at Gore Hill yesterday - maybe LUKE SHANNON's lovelies made the trip across the bridge because they heard that Norris Lurker was to be ground announcer.
    It was their Ladies Day and, wow, the club turned it on bigtime - nicely decorated out, heaps of people, deck chairs, bean bags, topless boy waiters with smart bowties loading up the ladies with the best Bomber Champagne from the slopes of Gore Hill in the Saint Leonards region.

And girls, girls, girls in their pretty party dresses...I'd back the eye candy of the Lower North Shore against the talent of Luke Shannon's westie chicks any day. A lot of giggling as the afternoon wore on and the bubbles kept on flowing.
    And, by the way, none of Salim Mahajar's Miss Lebanon entrants either - every girl had two eyebrows, separated in the middle.

But it seemed that the volunteer resources were a bit thin on the ground because there was some unpleasant abuse coming from the execs of the club towards some of their own. Lower North Shore people wouldn't normally eat their young like that and it surely put a dampener on the day....you know who you are.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing that there was a game of footy going on out in the middle but it was hard to tell because of all the smoke haze. Into the third quarter, the autumn sun gave in to the smoke and the day turned seriously cold. More chilly as it turned out if you were a Penno supporter.

Apart from the internal quarrelling, a super day and the club is to be congratulated.
    I would hardly call the time keeper telling a guy to move away from the scoreboard so the crowd could see it " internal quarrelling " but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post

There is some superp talent on the lower North Shore. I'm sure the North Shore boys find some beutiful wives like the Bats guys do.

I'm not sure where the comment "westie chicks" comes from. I find the comment offensive. All women have something to offer. Geography does not define a women, her charisma and character does.

I'm sure that Manly would have some amazing beaches talent that comes to their ladies day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I would hardly call the time keeper telling a guy to move away from the scoreboard so the crowd could see it " internal quarrelling " but each to their own.
    The patients over in the hospital would have heard that one ! Don't know where you were standing but it seems you missed a bit...a LOT !!
    But you're right, each to their own. There were too many positives in the day for that aspect to be all we take away.

Almost Football Legend

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast