Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: They are at it again. GWS under the pump

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Only "shattered"? Well, at least he's not "devastated". Will this bogan just ever shut up for five minutes?
    He'll probably try and stand for parliament one day.
    Maybe he'll finally end up where he belongs. Parliament deserves Eddie more than footy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Maybe he'll finally end up where he belongs. Parliament deserves Eddie more than footy does.
    Well, maybe the Iraqi parliament.

Clive Palmer vs Eddie McGuire - choose
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Just hope hope our president refrains from commenting
    I hope he doesnt. Stick it to him.

One thing worse than McChins as Collingwood president, would be McChins on the AFL executive.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Well, that'd be an interesting sociological experiment: Palmer, McGuire and Trump locked in a room together.

Senior Player
    What is it about these clowns? They make a few bucks and suddenly they can't stop talking.
    Stupid opinions coming out of every orifice. It's a miracle poor old Buckley hasn't taken to
    Eddie with a piece of four by two by now. It doesn't matter how many millions Collingwood
    spend on the Daewoo Centre (or whatever their training ground is called these days) or how
    many first round draft picks they had to trade to GWS to get Treloar, who I might add seems to
    like the sound of his own voice a bit too, if the players they do have won't try to get the ball before
    the guys from the other team do.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I'm sure you all remember this blast from the past:

My personal view on Eddie is that he won't be the Collingwood president that makes the decision on Nathan Buckley. He loves Buckley as dearly as Evans loved Hird. He would have noted and be saddened on how Evans and Hird have broken down (Eddie is on the board of Evans's investment company).

The next Collingwood president will make the decision on Buckley and Eddie will be there to help Buckley through that shock.

I think Eddie's mates are extremely important to him and Buckley along with guys like Warne would be in his closest circle.

I really like Buckley, but his strategy has not worked out. He had a top 4 side at the end of 2012 and could have been a year after year finals competitor like the Swans. Instead he started getting rid of players who he felt didn't reflect his own values and behaviours. Solid AFL players like Shaw, Thomas, Wellingham, Daws and Lumbumba were shipped out. The draft picks they for for these guys have not been as good and the club has fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I hope he doesnt. Stick it to him.

One thing worse than McChins as Collingwood president, would be McChins on the AFL executive.
    Stick it to him when you get it right !!! last weeks apology by Pridham was embarrassing from someone in his position - hopefully he learns from it

Goes up to 11
    More classic bully behavior - as soon as he's pulled up for his actions he reaches for the sympathy card.

Veterans List
    A friend of mine called Chris Kozaris originally stood against Eddie for presidency of Collingwood. Chris was a smart man with a strong corporate background. He decided to withdraw before the election. Chris played 200+ games for Northcote and was a commonsense man who didn't tolerate bull@@@@. I can't but wonder where the Pies would be if Chris became their president.

How is this news - more of his same blatant navel-gazing. Glad to hear he thought about it so thoroughly that his sons wearing their Collingwood jumpers to friends' houses on Sat night convinced him he's doing a good job and should continue on.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast