Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: They are at it again. GWS under the pump

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

It's very clear that Pridham is getting too emotionally involved in fighting McGuire through the media.

He should not be involved in the GWS fight. Tony Shepard is just as esteemed in the business community and can fight his own battles.

If Pridham wants to fight McGuire through the media then he should hire a spin doctor and do it with the appropriate attention to detail.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    It's very clear that Pridham is getting too emotionally involved in fighting McGuire through the media.

He should not be involved in the GWS fight. Tony Shepard is just as esteemed in the business community and can fight his own battles.

If Pridham wants to fight McGuire through the media then he should hire a spin doctor and do it with the appropriate attention to detail.
    Complete agree, especially with your point on his emotional involvement.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veterans List
    If you read the whole article; at the end McGuire is backing off big time. Regardless of whether Pridham got it wrong, McGuire is now copping it from all angles and as good as said he is going to pull his head in. After all he did play the GWS/Riverina card. I think people saying he should look after his own back yard has hit a nerve, and he doesn't like the criticism. I don't trust him one bit.

McGuire brings everyone down into the gutter with him. I doubt if Pridham or Shepherd really want to engage in these low life exchanges, but at some point they must feel they are remiss if they don't say something. I remember that many on here were up in arms because they felt we didn't fight hard enough regarding the trading ban. When McGuire keeps punching the supporters of clubs taking the blows want their side to fight back.

Regular in the Side
    Halftime Carlton are leading Collingwood by 11. Eddie must love this.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Halftime Carlton are leading Collingwood by 11. Eddie must love this.
    If it gets any worse, I'll be tuning in just for the shots of Eddie.

Veterans List
    Collingwood losing by 15 points with only seconds to go. Would love to see Eddie's face ????. Who he is going to have a go at this week??

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Collingwood losing by 15 points with only seconds to go. Would love to see Eddie's face ??????. Who he is going to have a go at this week??
    Yes, it's obviously not just GWS standing between Collingwood and a premiership! Needs to worry about his own club first!

Veterans List
    And Jessie White playing back was one of their best players. They are in more strife than the early explorers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    McGuire brings everyone down into the gutter with him. I doubt if Pridham or Shepherd really want to engage in these low life exchanges, but at some point they must feel they are remiss if they don't say something. I remember that many on here were up in arms because they felt we didn't fight hard enough regarding the trading ban. When McGuire keeps punching the supporters of clubs taking the blows want their side to fight back.
    I'd prefer Pridham to be a little less emotional but on the whole I agree with him calling up Eddie out re his antics.

Just loving the fact they are 2-5 with one of their wins being a steal against the tigers and the other being over the Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Sure the Giants got a lot of draft and other concessions as a start up club. They couldn't let them wallow in the doldrums and hope for success in 30 years. So now this club, the coaches, administrators and players have had their biggest victory smashing the reigning premiers. Can they take a moment to enjoy the victory after 5 years of struggle? No. Eddie has come to spoil the party by making the big story of the week the 'unfair' academy zone concessions that may yield some top talent in the draft in November. The Riverina had nothing to do with the Giants beating Hawthorn. Why can't the players just feel good about themselves and their victory? There's actually a footy season going on. We can deal with this later.

Same thing with the Swans. We're winning because we have an unfair advantage because of the COLA. Big issue right in the middle of the season. Get a good player FA, then slap on a trading ban. Someone looks good coming up through our academy, it has to be debated now. Can't wait till the end of the season. Let's knock down the Swans before he even plays a game.

Eddie is such a divisive and destructive force in football. He does everything at the wrong time and targets the wrong parties. It's not about the merits of the Riverina zone going to GWS. It's about the merits of having a club president and media personality dominating the football agenda whenever he so pleases and an AFL Commission too weak to do anything about it.
    +1

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast