Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 6: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Blacktown

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Rohan apparently injured.
    Heard it was just a precautionary move to take him off at half time. I wonder if it was related to that amazing sprint chasing full dive smother effort in the 2nd quarter that no one else in the AFL could have pulled off. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a prudent move on the coaches' part to tell Rohan to actually rein it in a little, he's putting some "110%" efforts that have proved detrimental to his health.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Heard it was just a precautionary move to take him off at half time. I wonder if it was related to that amazing sprint chasing full dive smother effort in the 2nd quarter that no one else in the AFL could have pulled off. Sometimes I wonder if it would be a prudent move on the coaches' part to tell Rohan to actually rein it in a little, he's putting some "110%" efforts that have proved detrimental to his health.
    Heeney was a bit crazy brave last year but he seems to have a greater awareness now.

I'd see Gary and Sam in our best 22. I know we'll have injuries but at this point in time I'd be saying Gary for Robbo and Sam for George.

Heeney was a bit crazy brave last year but he seems to have a greater awareness now.

I'd see Gary and Sam in our best 22. I know we'll have injuries but at this point in time I'd be saying Gary for Robbo and Sam for George.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    This is the Rohan play I was talking about - TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos

He got up though and played on (albeit looked spent) so probably not that particular instance.

Goal of the day - TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos
    Great second effort by Foote then a solid tackle by Newman causes the turnover. Leonardis and Jack combine twice before BJ coolly finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Did Papley snag your girlfriend at some point? You seem a little fixated.
    Ha ha.

I'm just not drinking the Papley "Kool
    Aid" like most on the forum. Sometimes you are not in love with players like other fans are. Barry feels that way about McVeigh.

Papley has made a solid contribution to the seniors, but is he that far in front of a Rose or Brandon Jack who can play his position?

He is only young, but given the same opportunities as Papley at the moment Bruest, Pulopilo, Zorko, Palmer would be kicking 5-6 goals a game. I may be the only person thinking this, but he needs to be more clinical with his disposal. There will be games against the Hawks, Geelong or North where he will get only one or two half chances and will need to slot them.

I think McVeigh can play Papley's position and offer more class. Rohan can play back or forward and offer more versatility.

Veterans List
    Somewhat agree here in that finishing is critical to success. If Papley had slotted his two misses against the Crows we may have won. He is very young in terms of senior footy so may become more damaging and more consistent.

He has however done little wrong to this point so no way he gets dropped for a player who has yet to prove himself at the senior level.

Thanks for the clips Ugg, sensational Rohan smother and GOTD was a beauty. Got to love Rhyce Shaw's work with the ressies, they are flying.

The most importantly, Papley laid the most tackles in the forward line, so he has role to play. His disposal might not be up to scratch, but his defensive work is very good.

Towers named in the best. He'd be the one to replace papley only because we look too short in the forward line. We only have one marking target ... heeney.

Just wild about Harry
    Papley has a role that only McGlynn at the Swans can do. His role is as a front and centre small forward who roves to the twin towers we have in our forward line. It is essential that he succeeds there otherwise the opposition will always bring the ball to ground and then run it out. The other players being suggested as replacements play a different role so to replace Papley would mean that we would have to go in with a new forward plan.
    Having said that, Papley will continue to improve but will go through a bad patch from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Towers named in the best. He'd be the one to replace papley only because we look too short in the forward line. We only have one marking target ... heeney.
    And the answer is to replace him with someone who doesn't mark?

Regular in the Side
    I just based it on the twitter report that Rohan limped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    Ha ha.

I'm just not drinking the Papley "Kool
    Aid" like most on the forum. Sometimes you are not in love with players like other fans are. Barry feels that way about McVeigh.

Papley has made a solid contribution to the seniors, but is he that far in front of a Rose or Brandon Jack who can play his position?

He is only young, but given the same opportunities as Papley at the moment Bruest, Pulopilo, Zorko, Palmer would be kicking 5-6 goals a game. I may be the only person thinking this, but he needs to be more clinical with his disposal. There will be games against the Hawks, Geelong or North where he will get only one or two half chances and will need to slot them.

I think McVeigh can play Papley's position and offer more class. Rohan can play back or forward and offer more versatility.
    Pulopilo? Can you buy them at Clark Rubber?

Senior Player
    This is the Rohan play I was talking about - TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos

Goal of the day - TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos
    Thanks for those clips, ugg!!

A question for all ressie watchers, is Abe Davis destined to be a tall wingman, or could he potentially play a Birchall-type role? Albeit, different foot..
    C'mon Chels!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast