Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Swans V Tigers

I think Macca has to play on the half back line. His leadership is best utilised there. I'd re-structure some other way.

Will Reg Grundy be playing this week? I heard he just died. http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...ed775cd6fc44f2. Would love to see Heath wearing a black arm band.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Veteran Site Admin
    If Richards is back and Robbo out, they could move Mills up the ground to take the Robinson role, and keep McVeigh and Jones as smaller, distributing defenders. I realise that Mills in defence is part of his education but it's not where he's going to settle as a player, longer term. It would be nice to see him released a bit further up the ground for a game or two, in the knowledge he can always go back down into defence if things need to be switched around from week to week (or within a game).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If Richards is back and Robbo out, they could move Mills up the ground to take the Robinson role, and keep McVeigh and Jones as smaller, distributing defenders. I realise that Mills in defence is part of his education but it's not where he's going to settle as a player, longer term. It would be nice to see him released a bit further up the ground for a game or two, in the knowledge he can always go back down into defence if things need to be switched around from week to week (or within a game).
    Yes, Liz, and since Mills was supposed to be, "the best midfielder in the draft by a long way", it would be nice if that move entailed a bit more time in the midfield. I mean, it'd be interesting to see what he could if he was to play in his preferred position.

Senior Player
    All right.. I'll bite.

McVeigh had 28 possessions at 82.1% efficiency. Yup. Let's drop him.

C'mon Chels!

Out. Robinson.
    In. Richards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    Will Reg Grundy be playing this week? I heard he just died..
    Death wouldn't stop Heath.

Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    Will Reg Grundy be playing this week? I heard he just died. Australian TV legend Reg Grundy has died aged 92.
    Tiny bit tasteless given he only just passed & I hope none of his family or friends post on RWO ... not having a go Matimbo, just that I've had a couple of work colleagues lose elderly family members recently and their nerves are still very raw and their demeanour still somber. No offence meant to you.

Senior Player
    I agree that Richards for Robinson is likely. It's true we would have a surfeit for smallish defenders. They could consider Towers or Brandon Jack for the bigger MCG, similar to the Crows game, but the defender who would go would be Jones and he's more than a decent runner himself. More likely McVeigh, Mills, or even Jones might spend more time up the ground.

Veterans List
    Barry, McVeigh fits in because he is co captain. He has played off half back for a number of seasons, he is a bloody good footballer and he fits perfectly into our structure. He has at least 2 seasons left in that position. He makes few mistakes. He is a great man and mentor., and he is building fitness. Throw up Towers or whoever. The man stays. McVeigh is an underratted player in the comp. He is a senior player and every club needs these guys to stand up at the pointy end of the season, which he has done for years. He is a pivotal reason why our club has stayed strong.

I like the idea of Ted for Robbo and moving Mills up in the midfield off the leash for a week, I reckon he is ready to really tear up a game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I like the idea of Ted for Robbo and moving Mills up in the midfield off the leash for a week, I reckon he is ready to really tear up a game
    Done deal, Ted in, Mills to a wing.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Done deal, Ted in, Mills to a wing.
    How many players is it that we have on the wing. Is that the left or right wing. Mills is being educated by playing half back and we already have a crowded midfield. He still needs to build his tank to play a full game in the midfield. He has had 1 preseason for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its not that McVeigh is bad, its just where does he fit in.

I think we should invest in Jones as the rebounding half back. For half forward its two of mcGlynn, Papley and Towers (with possibly Reid included as well.) McVeigh would be 4th choice half forward.

I doubt he's good enough for the midfield. So all though he is co-captain, the cliff for him is very steep and not far away.
    Utterly ridiculous.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast