Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Swans V Tigers

Robbo will be out for a couple of months with his broken collarbone according to the Swans. So wondering if we'll try to blood a player in his position in the meantime.

Haven't seen ever game in the NEAFL but Hiscox seems to be going ok.. Is he up to the standard ?
    or
    Rose could come in play forward an Issac could push up the ground more

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Robbo has played the crucial role up forward of trying to blanket their exits and occasionally tag runners out of halfback. And he's done it well. A specific role but not easy to replace

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Robbo will be out for a couple of months with his broken collarbone according to the Swans. So wondering if we'll try to blood a player in his position in the meantime.
    It's a shame for Robbo. He hasn't been great, but hasn't done much wrong either. I guess we should put him on the LTIL given he seems sure to miss at least 8 weeks.

He's been okay, but I had him as the first one out of the side and would have been the one I'd drop for Ted this week. If we needed to elevate a rookie, my pick would be Harry Marsh with Nic Newman not far behind. I doubt if anything will happen this week.

There are few senior listed players that are knocking on the selection door, particularly Davis, Jack and Rose. Towers is doing his usual good job in the reserves, but not sure much has changed to get him a call up just yet. I'd put the other 3, as well as Marsh and Newman ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Haven't seen ever game in the NEAFL but Hiscox seems to be going ok.. Is he up to the standard ?
    or
    Rose could come in play forward an Issac could push up the ground more
    I'd be really hesitant about Hiscox as I just don' think his footskills are of AFL standard.

I'd expect this week it's simply Ted in and Robbo out. In terms of who is next in line I'd think Abe David is pushing for a run. I was disappointed that Aliir Aliir didn't get a second run against the Bombers but that's footy.

Robbo's done really well this season, he was one of a group we needed to step up and he has over-achieved in my book. The good thing is that his season is by no means over and he'll be pushing for a place in the finals I'm sure.

They could well be very very tempted to put Robbo on the LTIL and give young Colin a run but I think he probably needs a full season beating opposition players up in the NEAFL before being unleashed next year. That kid is going to be an absolute beast

It's just been reported that Cotchin and Maric won't be there for Richmond. Makes a possible danger game a little less dangerous.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It's just been reported that Cotchin and Maric won't be there for Richmond. Makes a possible danger game a little less dangerous.
    Cautious Tigers rule out Cotchin

Mrs. Cotchin tweeted that if there's any more damage to Trent's face, she won't let him play any more.

The Tigers are showcasing Shaun Hampson to induce the Swans to trade Tom Derickx for him. I'm not sure playing Hampson helps his case. A better strategy would be to let Shaun's wife sit in the coaches box. At least it would take some of the attention off Dimma.

I reckon Maric would have helped us!
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Mrs. Cotchin tweeted that if there's any more damage to Trent's face, she won't let him play any more.

The Tigers are showcasing Shaun Hampson to induce the Swans to trade Tom Derickx for him. I'm not sure playing Hampson helps his case. A better strategy would be to let Shaun's wife sit in the coaches box. At least it would take some of the attention off Dimma.
    You keep mentioning this Derickx chap. Does he play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I reckon Maric would have helped us!
    On this year's form; probably. But in the past couple of years, I'm fairly sure that there's a big difference between Richmond's winning record with Maric and without Maric.

Veterans List
    Richmond made their comeback last year when Maric came back from injury.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast