Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Swans V Tigers

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Officially a leg injury

Emergencies: BJ Tyrone Nanka

A bit unfair on McGlynn I reckon.

edit: Oh he is injured, now it makes sense.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think that we've been missing 1 leading HFF, I hope that Dean is able to provide that.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Not naming Aliir as an emergency must mean they're confident that Ted is playing

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Not naming Aliir as an emergency must mean they're confident that Ted is playing
    Slightly off topic- but keen as you're my trusted magoos opinion; what are your thoughts on Xavier?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It was just a facial injury. What could go wrong?

Not sure about Towers coming in. Would of put B.Jack and Rose in before him for McGlynn or Robbos role. B Jack has been in great form

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Not sure about Towers coming in. Would of put B.Jack and Rose in before him for McGlynn or Robbos role. B Jack has been in great form
    Horse and the rest of them talked up Towers so much that they have to try everything to make him succeed or they'll look pretty foolish. I agree that others have looked better in the reserves, but Towers seems the one they want to hold a place in the team this year. If not, I think he's gone. If he doesn't make it, it will probably mean that Rohan will have to come into the forward line and I think there are plans for him to plan in defence.

The interesting thing to me is what happens to Hewitt.

Having Buddy, Heeney and now Towers as forward targets, with Papley cleaning up (or scoring also!), seems fine, but George has done really well as a forward to date, and been a very reliable set shot. Long term he is another who can/will move to a midfield role, but the forward line now looks a bit unbalanced unless George is to move to another role - though I guess McGlynn has been playing a lot of mid field minutes.

Eagles dropped Jetta he really looks like he doesn't want to play for them.. Should have stayed

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Horse and the rest of them talked up Towers so much that they have to try everything to make him succeed or they'll look pretty foolish. I agree that others have looked better in the reserves, but Towers seems the one they want to hold a place in the team this year. If not, I think he's gone. If he doesn't make it, it will probably mean that Rohan will have to come into the forward line and I think there are plans for him to plan in defence.
    Towers got a gig because he is from Melbourne. Club doesn't have to fly his family anywhere and they save on accommodation costs.

They blew the family budget on Alir's mob a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Towers got a gig because he is from Melbourne. Club doesn't have to fly his family anywhere and they save on accommodation costs.

They blew the family budget on Alir's mob a couple of weeks ago.
    When Towers plays in Melbourne they fly his family to Vanuatu, so they aren't embarrassed by the way their son plays.