Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 7 - May 13-15

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    I am pretty sure it has happened at least once in the top grade too in fairly recent times.
    If my memory serves me correctly I think a Premier Div game between Norths and UNSW at Village Green one night a count was called for and Norths subsequently had the score wiped. I think Michael Byrne was coach at the time.

Almost Football Legend
    There was a count in a final at Bruce Purser a few years ago, but the umpires ruled everything was in order and no score was wiped. From memory it was East Coast & Wests.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Does anyone know the result of the U19/2 game between Wests and St George, hasn't been updated on the Sporting Pulse website?
    It's happened a fair bit this year that results haven't been up by Sunday night. Minus several million Club of the Year points for the home clubs.
    Clubs don't have to SMS the results through any more, so the league probably have no more idea about the result than we do. If they knew the result, they could put it up themselves.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    There was a count in a final at Bruce Purser a few years ago, but the umpires ruled everything was in order and no score was wiped. From memory it was East Coast & Wests.
    You are correct Norris. It was 2009 and it was also after a bit of a scuffle that started when Garner & Lambert? crossed paths running to the bench after a goal had been kicked. Can't remember who called for it but all was ok with 18 on the field each and the umpire paid a free kick out of the centre square against the team who called for it.

I thought the rule had actually changed and it is now a free kick and a 50m penalty against the team who transgresses.

I don't mind a bit of hand to hand combat on the field but Glen Garner always had that 'avoid at all costs' look about him.

Not saying he was a dirty player at all, but he just had that look that would put your bins out permanently.

Does anyone know the result of the U19/2 game between Wests and St George, hasn't been updated on the Sporting Pulse website?
    I heard 6 or 7 goal win to st george. Our div 4 score of 149-14 isn't updated either! Yesterday arvo the didn't have st george u19/1s result up. Was a fairly big win to us as well.

We still haven't had all 5 teams win in a single weekend. I think the 3rd or 4th time we have had just the 1 loss.

There was another headcount incident involving Wests a couple years ago.
    Wests vs Bombers U/19's, late in the last quarter Wests holding a slender lead over the Bombers, hoping for an upset win but fading fast (Wests may have been down on numbers).
    Bombers making a late charge but wait the West's coach calls for a head count.
    As there is no time on, so the clock keeps ticking and the full time siren goes with no further play and Wests win.
    By the way no discrepancy with the numbers.
    This was the incident I was referring to, never knew the full details of it.

Seems like down right abuse of the rule judging on what you described, regardless on time on/off rules this should pause the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    I heard 6 or 7 goal win to st george. Our div 4 score of 149-14 isn't updated either! Yesterday arvo the didn't have st george u19/1s result up. Was a fairly big win to us as well.

We still haven't had all 5 teams win in a single weekend. I think the 3rd or 4th time we have had just the 1 loss.
    Yes St.George won comfortably. Not sure what is happening at Wests if 3 days later they still haven't updated the AFL with scores.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Yes St.George won comfortably. Not sure what is happening at Wests if 3 days later they still haven't updated the AFL with scores.
    They're up now; but it shouldn't take days.

I've noticed, and it's not just one club, that it's taken a lot longer for scores to come up on SportingPulse this season. Not sure if it's because scores aren't SMS'd through any more or if there's some form of global refresh system in the software that the league has to activate which isn't done as early or often as in seasons past.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    No St George stats on that 19/2's game - was interested in how a couple of kids went ...?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    They're up now; but it shouldn't take days.
    Clubs should be able to input match info (at the very least the final scores) at the ground.

All it takes is a laptop and internet access. You could probably even get the scores in via a mobile.

I have no idea why it is taking so long for some clubs to get the info into the system.

Senior Player
    Western Suburbs collected the paperwork and insisted that they would enter it as they were responsible for the home team duties as the game was played at Picken Oval. Unfortunately it appears Western Suburbs were unable to enter the paperwork as SWS have the only access to footyweb in respect to the under 19's jv. As for why it is taking so long I can tell you I have entered information on time into footweb and checked it myself as 2 out of 3 games only appeared the next day yet when I logged back in all the details were entered and correct.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast