Thread: The Match Committee: Richmond v Sydney

The Match Committee: Richmond v Sydney

The Match Committee: Richmond v Sydney

Longmire: Okay. Let�s start. Oh, where�s Stewy?

Harley: He�s outside on a phone call. A Brenda Gale I think he said.

Dew (rushing into the room): Sorry I�m late.

Longmire: Okay. Let�s go.

Janene: Sorry to interrupt, but there�s a call on your office phone Stewy from a Peggy McTigress.

Dew: Tell her I�m in a meeting and I�ll call back later.

Janene: She says it�s super urgent. She has to talk to you so she can make plans for the weekend.

Longmire: Not my business Stewy, but I thought you were a married man. Not my job to get involved in your personal life. Okay. Go on. Take the call and make it quick. We don�t have all day.

Kirk: Can we start without him?

Longmire: Why are these lights shining in my eyes?

Harley: I think it�s just a bad angle. They�re reflecting off McVeigh�s head and directly into your eyes.

Longmire: Macca, why are you squatting on the floor like that? Go sit in a chair.

McVeigh: I don�t have a chair.

Harley: Oh yeah, we had to sell off a few chairs. Budget cuts, you know.

McVeigh: I don�t know why it should be my chair.

Longmire: Let�s not make a big deal about it. Go and sit on Shawy�s lap if you�re uncomfortable.

McVeigh: He�s got lice and fleas in his beard.

Shaw: Are you having a go at my brother? You love squatting. You spend half the game squatting. Don�t you hold the squatting record at the Draft Combine?

Longmire: Hey Harley, could you go over to the light switch and turn the light down a bit. Turn the dimmer down a notch. ���� a bit more �����..no that�s too much �����.. turn it up a bit ����� no that�s too bright again, turn it down just a bit.

Harley: It�s not working now. Maybe it�s broke.

Dew: Okay. I�m back.

Longmire: Try it again Harley. It�s too bright.

Harley: It�s no good, I tell you. It�s shot. DIMMER�s GONE. Gone!

Blakey: Hey, Stewy�s fainted.

Longmire: Call Gibbsy.

Blakey: Maybe he okay. I think Stewy�s coming to.

Dew: Ahhhhh. Ohhhhhhh. Dimma�s gone. Oh Boy.

Longmire: You okay Stewy? Macca, can you just move a bit to the right. Or put your head up a bit. That�s better.

Dew: Yeah. I�ll be alright.

Longmire: Okay then. Richmond. Shawy, do you have any recommendations from our reserves?

Shaw: BJ�s played well, Rose too, but the one I like is Abe Davis. He�s doing everything right and he�s been real consistent I think his versatility could be very useful. He can give us another strong marking target up forward and maybe that can give George Hewett some more time in the midfield.

Longmire: Sounds encouraging, but there�s something not right about him.

Henry Playfair: Too much hair.

Josh Francou: Yeah. That�s what it is.

McVeigh: He�d really mess up our setups. His hair could block my line of sight when I�m pointing out something important. I may not be able to get messages to the players. You know how much the need my leadership. The boys were lost out there when I was out.

Shaw: We won all 3 games.

McVeigh: Weak opposition. But everyone was really happy when I came back in the side.

Shaw: We lost. So Horse, are we going to bring in Abe?

Longmire: Maybe Macca�s right. That hair could mess up our game plan.

Shaw: What game plan?

Longmire: Plan A!

Shaw: Is this something new? We didn�t have a game plan last year. What�s Plan A?

Longmire: Kick it to Buddy.

Shaw: And if that doesn�t work?

Longmire: We go to Plan B.

Shaw: Plan B?

Longmire: Yeah, just added this week. Plan B: Kick it to the blond kid.

Shaw: And if that doesn�t work?

Longmire: Then we go to Plan C.

Shaw: Which is?

Longmire: Go back to Plan A.

Shaw: So why can�t Abe get a go? It would give us a legitimate Plan C.

Longmire: Well, if Buddy�s going up to mark the ball and Abe steps into his line of sight, it could throw him off. Maybe you could have a chat to Abe about his grooming. Henry can give him a few tips.

Kirk: We�re half way through the meeting and we haven�t even talked about Richmond yet. I think we should be talking about matchups. Every meeting it seems all we talk about is hair.

Longmire: Calm down Kirky. I think you�re mistaken. Does anyone else thing we talk about hair too much?

Shaw: I don�t think so.

McVeigh: No.

Francou: No.

Playfair: No.

Harley: Nope.

Longmire: Well there you go Kirky. It�s just your imagination again. Okay. Let�s get the magnets out and work on the matchups. I�ll take the red and white magnets. And Stewy, you take the black and yellow ones,.

Dew: No! No! I don�t want the black and yellow ones. Why can�t I take the red and white?

Longmire: Ohhhh. The Red and Whites will you? Think you�re ready for the Red and White magnets, do ya? First show me how you handle the black and yellow magnets before you even dream about stepping up to the big time. Can you believe it Blakes, the kid thinks he�s ready for the red and white magnets?

Blakey: Ha, ha. Yeah, the kid�s getting a bit ahead of himself.

Longmire: Okay Stewy. Here ya go. Take this one in your hand: Rance. And here�s Dusty. And here�s Lids. Just roll them around in your hand a bit. Be careful not to jab yourself with the chopsticks. Is that okay?

Stewy: Yeah. It�s not too bad.

Longmire: Here are a couple of tricky ones: Vickery and Houli.

Stewy: Ooooooo. That tickles.

Kirk: I can see we�re never going to get to discuss the game.

Longmire: Hang in there Kirky. Stewy hasn�t had the benefit of playing with a zero and seven coach like you have. I�ll bet Rossy let you play with the red and white magnets.

Kirk: Can we just get on to Richmond, please.

Longmire: Okay. Richmond. Let�s get right to the key matchups. Who�s going to be the travelling emergency ruckman?

Kirk: Okay, That�s enough. I�m out of here.

Longmire: He�s really high strung for a guy who does meditation.

Harley: Yeah. Why can�t he just take valium like the rest of us?

Longmire: Well, it�s a wrap then! Let�s go home.

You are a real asset to this site, Ludwig, just like ugg and liz etc. I love the way you're branching out beyond the images and now into screenplays. Maybe audio and video will follow down the track.... Whatever the medium I think your wit will continue to sparkle.

My favourite bits in this post: Brenda Gale and Peggy McTigress and, especially, the spot on detail about Macca's squatting, and lastly the way it just flows. Keep up the excellent work. Another reason to keep checking RWO!

An insightful piece Ludwig
    How you manage to listen into meetings from Thailand I'll never know
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    An insightful piece Ludwig
    How you manage to listen into meetings from Thailand I'll never know

Just wild about Harry
    Oh Ludwig, I do enjoy your posts. I miss Big Al, so dont you ever disappear as well.