Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: GWS and it's impact on your club - Please Answer

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post

Was good to see the Auburn girls at the Grand Final though, cheering madly for the Central Coast side.
    The same Central Coast side that their senior coach used to play for?

Greg C put this same issue to me, and he was very satisfied with the above answer. I don't expect it to permeate the Penrith club, because I don't think it's an issue, even if I didn't have very strong ties to Gosford that my players wanted to embrace (such as being born there, living there, playing for the Tigers, etc).

I don't understand why any club could be offended by an opposing club supporting another opposing club. Blacktown/Western didn't get upset about the Auburn women that were barracking for Camden in the Div 2 GF.

Quote Originally Posted by CKunde View Post
    The same Central Coast side that their senior coach used to play for?

Greg C put this same issue to me, and he was very satisfied with the above answer. I don't expect it to permeate the Penrith club, because I don't think it's an issue, even if I didn't have very strong ties to Gosford that my players wanted to embrace (such as being born there, living there, playing for the Tigers, etc).

I don't understand why any club could be offended by an opposing club supporting another opposing club. Blacktown/Western didn't get upset about the Auburn women that were barracking for Camden in the Div 2 GF.
    I wasn't that satisfied mate. Great that you supported your former club, but does that mean that the girls needed to follow. I'm a Carlton supporter, but don't yield the power at my club to have everyone blindly following the mighty Blues

And as I mentioned in our chat, your girls would have supported the Milat family if they were playing us.

In saying that, our meeting was in another context and I appreciated your honesty. You're a good guy.

I was surprised however, at a finals match at Henson where Camden were playing, that the Auburn girls joined in with some booing when their opponents ran on to the field. All in good fun I guess, but it was shortly after the Goodes incident.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    I wasn't that satisfied mate. Great that you supported your former club, but does that mean that the girls needed to follow. I'm a Carlton supporter, but don't yield the power at my club to have everyone blindly following the mighty Blues

And as I mentioned in our chat, your girls would have supported the Milat family if they were playing us.
    LOL, Milat family may be a mild exaggeration, but it's entirely possible the ladies would have barracked for another team.

Having said that, I've got a pretty solid base of support/respect from the players, and within reason I've got a bit of influence over who they'd support. My colours were blatantly nailed to the mast in my support of Gosford, and I am stoked for the club that they won their first premiership in 20+ years.

I'll be honest, had Gosford (or Auburn) not been in the GF I wouldn't have watched it. I would have been completely neutral/apathetic with any other sides. I can't say the same for all the players, but I expect that most of them would have had similar sentiments.

BTW, I think you're a good guy, also.

WTF is it with GWS.... is this thread full of Gen Y kids who have to blame everyone else for their problems.

I can not understand the small minded, ignorant, and from the detail of the thread, often wrong comments about GWS. What about these facts-

1. We live in a City that has the AFL as a third, if not fourth tier sport - BUT we have 2 AFL teams, the same as Adelaide and Perth - how can we be anything other than thankful for that.
    2. The AFL underwrites GWS by @@@@loads .... why are we complaining.
    3. AFL Sydney has the responsibility, and funding, to grow the sport in Sydney not GWS or the Swans. If you want development officers at schools contact AFL Sydney
    4. Strong clubs grow because of their own level of commitment... if any of Syd Uni, UTS, ES/UNSW, Norths, Manly, Penno, St George or Camden put their growth down to GWS, Swans or even AFL Sydney i will run around Henson nude.

P.S. if you think Telstra stadium is better than Spotless you are a moron.
    P.P.S. Build a bridge and get the fxxxk over Bankstown Juniors
    P.P.P.S. Girls footy is growing at an unbelievable rate .... Yeah..... full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    What a prat you are

3. AFL Sydney has the responsibility, and funding, to grow the sport in Sydney not GWS or the Swans. If you want development officers at schools contact AFL Sydney
    Is it? We always get emails to the school from GWS and get their development officers out. Are they actually sydney afl development officers just badged under GWS?

Only a moron would sit back and simply swallow the lies and deception that a fraudulent organisation spins.

To try to defend the indefensible and propagate the myths just defies description.

If this thread becomes too upsetting for anyone, and they have an aversion to the facts, maybe they should try "OrangeCharcoalandWhiteonline" ...

Warming the Bench
    WTF is it with GWS.... is this thread full of Gen Y kids who have to blame everyone else for their problems.
    What we have here is in fact people pointing out where they believe GWS has failed, or could be doing far better, as a western Sydney AFL club.

I can not understand the small minded, ignorant, and from the detail of the thread, often wrong comments about GWS. What about these facts-
    Clearly you can't understand because you haven't made much of an effort to do so. But, as far as your facts go:

1. We live in a City that has the AFL as a third, if not fourth tier sport - BUT we have 2 AFL teams, the same as Adelaide and Perth - how can we be anything other than thankful for that.
    2. The AFL underwrites GWS by @@@@loads .... why are we complaining.
    4. Strong clubs grow because of their own level of commitment... if any of Syd Uni, UTS, ES/UNSW, Norths, Manly, Penno, St George or Camden put their growth down to GWS, Swans or even AFL Sydney i will run around Henson nude.
    1. I am sure most people here enjoy having a 2nd Sydney side. I certainly do. But gratitude isn't the issue here.
    2. We know that. But that doesn't make the Giants exempt from valid criticism.
    3. I think people know that the AFL holds the overall responsibility for game development in Sydney/NSW.
    4. Again, we know that. People aren't arguing that the Giants are responsible for the growth of senior clubs in the west though.

Did you even read the posts here? What people have been saying has little relevance to your four points above. You seem to have gone off on a tangent.

P.S. if you think Telstra stadium is better than Spotless you are a moron.
    P.P.P.S. Girls footy is growing at an unbelievable rate .... Yeah..... full stop.
    * Disagreeing with your opinion doesn't make someone a moron
    * Clearly the Bankstown juniors situation hurt, upset and/or alienated a lot of people. That's a pretty ignorant comment on your part then.
    * Girls footy is going well and growing nicely. It's great to see.

So why are the Dev Officers GWS branded then?

Pushing for Selection
    In junior footy, I think the GWS presence has been really good. I coach at a junior club in Western Sydney and help out at a few school Auskick programs. Our club gets pretty regular visits from Giants players and every school program I have been at so far has had a few Giants players drop in to help. The academies also give the talented kids (who would have otherwise just plateued as the best player at their club) a chance to train with and play against the better kids from other regions, and learn from top level coaches, which raises the talent bar that they can strive for. Over time, the quantity and quality of kids flowing through to the senior clubs will improve, as it will with the clubs in the swans zones.

I haven't been involved with a senior club in Sydney for a few years, but I'm not sure what Mug wants the Giants to do with them. Sure they could send a player or two out to a training session, but would really only be seen by the local club players as a novelty and wouldn't really bring any new players to the game or grow the game in any way. They could give them some cash, which might be seen as a nice gesture with some new jumpers or training equipment, but again, that's only going to be felt by people already involved and not really grow the game. Not sure what else you want them to do with senior clubs?

The growth of the game in Sydney hinges on juniors, and in that respect the Giants (and the swans for that matter) are focusing their limited resources in the right areas.

Warming the Bench
    We had a great morning out at Bankstown West Public School with Jack Steele, Josh Kelly and Lachie Whitfield. Have you spotted a GIANT out and about today?

Yup had them at my school today. I was at the zone cross country and the other guy I work with who plays prems was also out. Apparently had cal ward.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast