Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: Canberra Demons v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Manuka Oval

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg for the solid intro and the score details. What a walloping!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: J. Foote, N. Newman, T. Nankervis, C. O''Riordan, T. Derickx, L. Melican

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best Players: J. Foote, N. Newman, T. Nankervis, C. O''Riordan, T. Derickx, L. Melican
    Newman seems to keep getting in the best and I've liked what little I've seen of him, must be a chance to be retained.

But what I particularly like is my man O'Riordan in the best again :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I saw him (Galloway) take a decent contested mark.
    Lets not forget that he was taken on as a project player so depending on his progress this year in the eyes of the coaching staff he may be retained. Coming off a very low base AFL wise.

I think that's the 2nd time Melican has made the bests. Encouraging. I wonder how Gary Rohan went today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think that's the 2nd time Melican has made the bests. Encouraging. I wonder how Gary Rohan went today.
    Gary had 14 touches. Not sure how much game time he played but you would think that he needs better form to come into the senior team considering the good form of a few others!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    I watched about two and a half quarters live with my three year old son at his first live game. Rohan had some good touches: a couple of multi-bounce dashes ending in a decent kick inside 50, and one typical hard lead and overhead mark in centre field. Rotated off a lot.

Newman led the defence, Foote the same in the middle (with his hard running, capacity to break tackles, and decent delivery), and Nankervis dominated forward. Marked pretty much every contested bomb inside 50, including a Buddy-style one handed grab while he held the defender off. He could have had a few more from marks around 45m when he instead decided to pass. Wilson looked pretty clever, Aliir kicked well but dropped a couple of marks.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    There has to be a Royal Commission, no Marsh in top 6, start the investigation, now.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    There has to be a Royal Commission, no Marsh in top 6, start the investigation, now.
    I really wonder what's happening with Marsh. I reckon there are a few teams that he'd walk straight into their starting 22. He must have done something wrong at some stage, he'll probably end up being another Biggs.

Is it worth GWS and the Swans remaining in the NEAFL?

Apart from when they play each other, the only competitive teams are NT Thunder, Sydney Uni and Aspley. The rest are not at the standard.

Could there be scope and resources for the Swans and GWS to join the VFL?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I really wonder what's happening with Marsh. I reckon there are a few teams that he'd walk straight into their starting 22. He must have done something wrong at some stage, he'll probably end up being another Biggs.
    His first 2 years were very ordinary and he probably just survived the cut. He started playing regular in defence last year and there was a massive improvement in his game, in fact, he was our best NEAFL player. He was dropped to the rookie list probably because we knew nobody would take him and we wanted another national draft pick. He's continued his form this year. I'd like to see him elevated to the senior list in place of Robinson.

His first 2 years were very ordinary and he probably just survived the cut. He started playing regular in defence last year and there was a massive improvement in his game, in fact, he was our best NEAFL player. He was dropped to the rookie list probably because we knew nobody would take him and we wanted another national draft pick. He's continued his form this year. I'd like to see him elevated to the senior list in place of Robinson.
    I'd like to see him get a chance in the 1sts, as his reserves form has been super consistent for 18 months or so now. Will be an interesting decision at the end of the year we make - but I wouldn't mind seeing him being elevated for Robinson, given there is no one else on the rookie list that obviously looks ready for AFL footy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I was never a big fan of Robbo but he's done OK in the games he's played this year, certainly better than Hiscox.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast