Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Rnd 8 Match Day Thread. Richmond V Sydney. MCG 19.25 pm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    No, he's Hiscox and deserves more of a chance from Swans fans than being written off for that debut which was far from disastrous. Debuting in a side with 3 or so other first year players is different from debuting in a more seasoned team - it's even worse if you are an "outside player" and besides KJ and Hanners Swans were not great in contested ball on the night. I'm sure you get my point that players develop over time and the Swannies have a great track record of turning talent into well rounded team players.
    I'm not one for bagging players (I haven't bagged Towers, he was far from the worst), but occasionally you have to call a spade a spade and not a shovel. I've watched a lot of him and the NEAFL, and he is definitely no Jetta. Not saying he won't make with a lot more time but he is certainly nowhere near ready for the big-time now.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I'm not one for bagging players (I haven't bagged Towers, he was far from the worst), but occasionally you have to call a spade a spade and not a shovel. I've watched a lot of him and the NEAFL, and he is definitely no Jetta. Not saying he won't make with a lot more time but he is certainly nowhere near ready for the big-time now.
    Agreed, not ready yet and agree has to dominate at NEAFL in more areas. The Jetta comment was about eradicating player weaknesses over time etc and I used tackling as an example as Hiscox has to improve massively in that and contested stuff generally, as well as field kicking. Time will tell, I can only assume the match committee thought he was the right fit for the Richmond game - big ground, no Houli, who knows...

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728