Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 9 V Hawks

In: JPK, McGlynn, Rose
    Out: Hiscox, Papley, Mills

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    In: JPK, McGlynn, Rose
    Out: Hiscox, Papley, Mills
    JPK for Hiscox is obvious and McGlynn probably comes back in for Towers/Papley. But Mills out? That's an odd one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Out: Towers | Sweet Caroline
    I agree with both of those

Veterans List
    I'll defend a few players here - you don't drop Ted or Grundy because of the occasional stuff up, they are both quality KPD, best we've got.

Mills and Hewett, both these guys are pure footballers with good footy brains, mostly good disposal and both slice through congestion. No way these guys are dropped, they are the future. Rose is another who is a footballer with brains.

Out this week, Hiscox (stupid selection decision) who is not even making much of an impact at NEAFL level, completely out of his depth, I thought he supposedly had pace but he showed none of it on Saturday. Towers, still fails to look up to the pressure at AFL level. Failure to spot Buddy is typical of his lack of vision, panics with ball in hand, forever fringe dweller IMO.

Only well tested types against Hawthorn, Kennedy if fit obviously, then McGlynn, then BJ who has been there before and in career best NEAFL form but didn't play NEAFL Saturday?

Why didn't BJ play on the weekend, does anyone know?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

First year players

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I'll defend a few players here - you don't drop Ted or Grundy because of the occasional stuff up, they are both quality KPD, best we've got.

Mills and Hewett, both these guys are pure footballers with good footy brains, mostly good disposal and both slice through congestion. No way these guys are dropped, they are the future. Rose is another who is a footballer with brains.

Out this week, Hiscox (stupid selection decision) who is not even making much of an impact at NEAFL level, completely out of his depth, I thought he supposedly had pace but he showed none of it on Saturday. Towers, still fails to look up to the pressure at AFL level. Failure to spot Buddy is typical of his lack of vision, panics with ball in hand, forever fringe dweller IMO.

Only well tested types against Hawthorn, Kennedy if fit obviously, then McGlynn, then BJ who has been there before and in career best NEAFL form but didn't play NEAFL Saturday?
    Agree that at least one of the first year players need to be rested. Maybe Papley this week and Mills Next week? Out : Towers, Hiscox, Papley In: Kennedy, Mcglynn and Rohan. Also have to think about resting Franklin. The amount of times he got an elbow to the back of the head on Saturday Night is a concern.

Isn't Hiscox meant to be the greatest runner in the history of the world? He was going up and down on the one spot when he got caught late. Not going to write him off forever but I agree with 707 and others, it was a strange selection.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

This is not the first time they made a strange selection:
    Adelaide: Towers selected to give us more speed. Game lost.
    Brisbane: Aliir (why?). Game almost lost.
    Richmond: Hiscox selected to give us more speed. Game lost.
    I'm not trying to say these are the only reasons why we had problems, but it looks to me that we have more problems when we tinker with our structure.

Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    JPK for Hiscox is obvious and McGlynn probably comes back in for Towers/Papley. But Mills out? That's an odd one.
    Mills will be a gun but he is only going just ok and looks in need of a rest. He is part of an ordinary backline and would do well with a couple of dominant weeks in the reserves.

Senior Player
    The selection of Jack Hiscox was definitely out of left field, but it was probably the lacklustre games of two thirds of our 22 that cost us the game.
    I think Hiscox had 6 touches, the same as Aliir did in his game against (on paper at least) weaker opposition. It's like with Jetta, it's all very well
    being quick, but you need to get the ball first. That said it's probably a bit harsh to write off a player after just one game. It's a pity we didn't have
    Jacob Hopper, GWS' debutant on Saturday night. He had 32 possessions.

Towers must stay. Sure he is in the bottom couple of players but soon meow had to be . We can't just keep putting him in and out. Just remember it was a brilliant tackle that got him the ball with a minute to go anyway. Missed that tackle and we would have lost anyway. He needs consistency in the seniors.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon meow = someone

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Soon meow = someone
    Ah... thought we had a South Korean recruit I didn't know about.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast