Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 9 V Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Nankervis? Really? He's honest as the day is long and I think he's worth perservering with but for mine he is just a lumbering workhorse.

Agree Rose must be very unlucky not to get called up as his form has been good, he may well get a chance
    Is B. Jack injured? I notice he was withdrawn as an emergency and did not play reserves. He would have offered more than Hiscox, particularly defensively where his League heritage allows him to lay great tackles.

I think Brandon would also be quicker over 20 or 40m than Hiscox. A middle distance runner is not nesasarily that fast over short distances.

Maybe someone can pull up the 20m sprint results from the draft.

May i remind people that BJ has failed to perform at seniors level on all previous attempts. He is not the savior.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    aliir,newman,melican,rohan anyone but grundy
    This has to be trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    May i remind people that BJ has failed to perform at seniors level on all previous attempts. He is not the savior.
    He also played seniors well before he should have - he's only 21 now. Someone posted the stats last year of BJ vs KJ at the same age and BJ stacks up very well. Silly to write off 21 year olds.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If you look at NEAFL form prior to this year and compare it to this year, he is getting more of the ball, getting more inside and influencing games more. Ugg may want to confirm my feel there.

So if he has risen a level at NEAFL it is probable that he will rise at senior level as well. If he was fit last week, I think he should have played before Hiscox who has never accumulated at NEAFL level the way BJ has this year. They wouldn't have given him a two year contract extension if they didn't think he would make the grade just a 12 month extension.

Veterans List
    Agree with the above sentiments on BJ, would have made more sense than Hiscox. While I'm here, and while I know we all hate the Hawks, I must send a shout out to Jarryd Roughead, what he faces is something no one would wish on anyone, and considering the seriousness of returning cancer, I certainly wish him all the best with what will hopefully be a full recovery. Good luck to him.....although I fear the Hawks will use it for motivation against us, "win it for Roughy".

On the AFL website under the Hawthorn injury update Cyril Rioli is listed a "personal" with the estimated return as "TBC". Has anyone heard about this? Maybe he wont play this Friday night which would be really handy for us.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    On the AFL website under the Hawthorn injury update Cyril Rioli is listed a "personal" with the estimated return as "TBC". Has anyone heard about this? Maybe he wont play this Friday night which would be really handy for us.
    Family health issue I believe. Not sure about his availability though.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    This is not the first time they made a strange selection:
    Adelaide: Towers selected to give us more speed. Game lost.
    Brisbane: Aliir (why?). Game almost lost.
    Richmond: Hiscox selected to give us more speed. Game lost.
    I'm not trying to say these are the only reasons why we had problems, but it looks to me that we have more problems when we tinker with our structure.
    Yes you are right, BUT, not one of them is a normal footy player. Towers has issues with fear and footy brain, Aliir has some footy background and still needs a lot of work and Hiscox is a total convert with issues everywhere.

It's looking more likely that Rohan will play this week with positive stories leaking out and no reserves game. The Hawks will have a young side with plenty of good matchups for him. With Reg taking the resting ruckman, there really isn't a good matchup for Ted. Their 2 'tall' forwards, Gunston and O'Brien are better defended by quicker players. I think we struggle with Reg, Ted and Laidler all in the side when playing against quicker forwards, especially at the MCG. I doubt that we will drop Ted, although I think it would be the right option.

I would also be inclined to bring in another player in from Rose, Marsh or Newman and give Papley a rest this week. I don't think Hiscox or Towers warrant another game and we should start looking for players that have something more to offer than those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's looking more likely that Rohan will play this week with positive stories leaking out and no reserves game. The Hawks will have a young side with plenty of good matchups for him. With Reg taking the resting ruckman, there really isn't a good matchup for Ted. Their 2 'tall' forwards, Gunston and O'Brien are better defended by quicker players. I think we struggle with Reg, Ted and Laidler all in the side when playing against quicker forwards, especially at the MCG. I doubt that we will drop Ted, although I think it would be the right option.

I would also be inclined to bring in another player in from Rose, Marsh or Newman and give Papley a rest this week. I don't think Hiscox or Towers warrant another game and we should start looking for players that have something more to offer than those two.
    Yes. I thought Harrison Marsh could get the upgrade as a quick medium defender, but Rohan can do that job.

Ted Richards has a lot of goodwill, however he has entered the ROK zone. The way that a ruckman (Griffith) ran away from him was concerning. Griffith actually pulled ahead despite having the ball in hand. The worst thing about that play was that Ted's first reaction was to turn around and look for someone else to blame. Sometimes a KPD has to win a one on one. Ted would have noticed up the other end that Rance was involved in many one on ones and won a lot of them.

Teds BOG a few weeks back has been hos own worse enermy. Hes in the twilight getting a game due to injuries.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Shannon View Post
    Is B. Jack injured? I notice he was withdrawn as an emergency and did not play reserves. He would have offered more than Hiscox, particularly defensively where his League heritage allows him to lay great tackles.

I think Brandon would also be quicker over 20 or 40m than Hiscox. A middle distance runner is not nesasarily that fast over short distances.

Maybe someone can pull up the 20m sprint results from the draft.
    The withdrawal of Brandon Jack and Leonardis from the squad last week is puzzling. They did not play reserves and were not mentioned in today's injury report. No mention by Patrick Keane of the Swans being fined for changing their published squad. Discipline issues?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast