Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R 10 V Kangas

allegiances will be tested

No change

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I'd think that Ted may well be given another week off to recover from his concussion but the club will of course be guided by their medical advice.

If he is out then I'd think Aliir could well be given another game.

If Parker is playing with an injury that required a minor surgery I'd prefer him to be put under the knife asap and if that was the case I guess Papley would come back in.

Don't we have other defenders in the reserves aside from Allir and Xavier?

This is a big game - 8 point game.
    Truth be told they haven't really played anyone and begin a 5 week stretch that is us, Richmond, Geelong, Hawthorn and Adelaide.
    Would really like to win here

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I'm new here. WTF is this post about?
    I'm thinking very fast up and down football?

Senior Player
    Also, re resting Parker etc... we have:

North at home on a Friday night
    GC away on Saturday night
    GWS away Sunday evening
    Melbourne at home Sunday afternoon
    BYE
    Then Bulldogs at home , Geelong away and Hawthorn at home.

Wouldn't it be better for Parker to miss the GC game, or the Melbourne game (plus the BYE) instead of missing North this Friday?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Could be a challenging game for some supporters.
    I think you'll find this about those on here who also hold GWS memberships as being two-faced.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They have two choices IMHO. Aliir in as a straight swap for Ted or they go shorter and rely on Laidler and Rampe to play on much taller opponents and bring back Papley into the team.
    I found myself looking for Papley every time Buddy was in a contest and wondering where he was. I think we missed him. Going small in defense is a gamble but no more of a gamble than playing Aliir.

Ins. Papley
    Outs. Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Also, re resting Parker etc... we have:

North at home on a Friday night
    GC away on Saturday night
    GWS away Sunday evening
    Melbourne at home Sunday afternoon
    BYE
    Then Bulldogs at home , Geelong away and Hawthorn at home.

Wouldn't it be better for Parker to miss the GC game, or the Melbourne game (plus the BYE) instead of missing North this Friday?
    Parker clearly is carrying some sort of injury - but I agree Maltopia that it would make a lot more sense (unless he must miss) to give him for instance the Melbourne game, to get a solid break to get over (or at least let the injury improve) the problem he has. Its not stopping him from getting the ball, but his effective use stats were low by his standards on Friday night.

No change for me if Ted is ok, but if Ted is out, then probably its a tough decision whether to give Allir another go, or go small and maybe bring back Papley into the forward line.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I saw Parker at Eastgardens yesterday and the way he was riding the escalator clearly showed he'll be right to play.

It's enticing to think of moving Rohan down back - he's tall and his pace could really burn Norths big forwards (+ I'm not 100% sold on Aliir yet). But I don't think he's a Blackman and we need him in the forward half.

That leaves us with the most conservative of changes - out Richards, in Aliir.

Out

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It will be good to knock the pretenders norf off. But I'm looking forward to the GWS derby the most.
    Me too! Our win against them looks better by the week, but can we do it again? It's fantastic that an all-Sydney game could be one of the best all season and maybe even, perhaps, a grand final preview. Should be a cracker!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast