Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R 10 V Kangas

Longmire was suggesting he might bring Sam Reid straight into the team if Teddy Richards doesn't get up

There's a reasonable chance that North will bring Mason Wood back this week after missing the Carlton game with concussion. I think we'll have to plan to bring in a tall(ish) defender to cover this possibility. Aliir would be interesting if he came in and played on Ben Brown as Aliir was taken 3 picks before Brown in the 2013 draft. It could be a good matchup, but I'm not sure who would come out on top. Aliir could add some rebound pace which would be helpful. Marsh could do so as well.

From Horse's press conference I would think that Ted won't play and Reid will come back through the reserves. We might be eyeing Reid to return against GC the following week to give him senior preparation for the GWS game where he might be needed to cover the tall athletic Cameron.

Petrie has been down this year and Waite seems to be fading somewhat from his great start to the year. I'm sure their talls will kick a half dozen goals, but even against and- undersized defence I don't think they will make enough of a difference to take out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I'd be surprised. He was KO'd far too easily for mine , which indicates his previous concussions have left their mark. I hope they give him a week or 2 off.

Previous concussions I can remember specifically are 2006 GF- knocked out by 'drug cheat Chick'. Last year's sling tackle against Port, looked particularly nasty.
    Was he KO'd? Looked to me like he lifted his head a second or two after he hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Was he KO'd? Looked to me like he lifted his head a second or two after he hit the ground.
    His arms immediately went floppy on the ground, which is a give away.

I don't think he was out for long but he was definitely out for at least a few seconds.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Just looked at the road ahead for the contenders, absolutely pivotal game this week, lose here and we go three behind the Roos and fall back into the clutches of the chasing pack. This is where the Richmond game may haunt us at years end.

Must beat other contenders.

Out: Sweet Caroline
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I saw Parker at Eastgardens yesterday and the way he was riding the escalator clearly showed he'll be right to play.

It's enticing to think of moving Rohan down back - he's tall and his pace could really burn Norths big forwards (+ I'm not 100% sold on Aliir yet). But I don't think he's a Blackman and we need him in the forward half.

That leaves us with the most conservative of changes - out Richards, in Aliir.

Out
    Auto correct can be funny at times.

Senior Player
    Abe Davis is another in-form option who can play KPD, KPF, middle , pockets, wings, you name it. Be great to blood another one if X isn't given the nod.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Auto correct can be funny at times.
    Downright dangerous in these 'sensitive' times....... With Gary, there's actually no one 'whiter' on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Out: Sweet Caroline
    In; Up There With Sydney
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Not sold on AA either; lacks pace.

Be better to have Abe Davis; height and pace.

But Papley needs to stay in the seconds; when we are up against quality opposition he goes missing.
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I saw Parker at Eastgardens yesterday and the way he was riding the escalator clearly showed he'll be right to play.

It's enticing to think of moving Rohan down back - he's tall and his pace could really burn Norths big forwards (+ I'm not 100% sold on Aliir yet). But I don't think he's a Blackman and we need him in the forward half.

That leaves us with the most conservative of changes - out Richards, in Aliir.

Out

Was Parker running up against the escalator flow ?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast