Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Sydney University v Sydney Swans Reserves @ SCG

Regular in the Side
    A hard job ahead WHO to delist with Paps Swampy needing to be on senior list and with no obvious retirements except perhaps for Teeddy but I am not so sure here either/

I froze. Just froze. I don't do cold. I also don't understand even after 20 years of ressies more or less, that just because the sun is shining doesn't mean that its not going to be like the inside of a witches stable up in the stands.

. Allir looks like he understands the whole Seniors thing. He played with a great deal of confidence, style and ability
    . O'Reirdan has a Boot. He also has evasive moves. Keeper.
    . X played down forward quite a bit which I think suits him. He has too slight a build to really be a key defender imho. But he is strong and getting better all the time.
    . Rose always looks like he is having fun. He is so into the game, I think we will keep him. Enthusiasm and ability is a great combination
    . BJ plays with a lot of confidence. A lot. ... umm,
    . Towers plays like a senior, but not a senior senior if you know what I mean.
    . Nic Newman ought to get a game sometime soon. He organises and can read the play very well
    . Sam Neismith is getting hairy. Pretty good in the ruck
    . Deryckx is so good looking, it would be a pity to lose him, got down and dirty, which isn't easy for a very big man.
    . Sam Reid started slow but got going, and the 'cut above' started to kick in. Another couple in ressies I would say.

The rest I am not really able to comment on. I wasn't impressed by Hiscox, but that may be just me, etc etc etc

I watched Rhyce Shaw during the breaks going to individuals and speaking to them one on one, with 'enthusiasm'. He kept it personal, not public. He called them aside and discussed/coached/insructed whatever was warranted. He is a good coach, definitely a good man manager, might even be a very very good coach. Keeper.
    Last edited by Primmy; 28th May 2016 at 11:07 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    A hard job ahead WHO to delist with Paps Swampy needing to be on senior list and with no obvious retirements except perhaps for Teeddy but I am not so sure here either/
    I'd say Tem Dx, AJ (unfortunately) and the Richards brothers. I think Towers may also get traded even though I like the guy. Hiscox would also be on my out list but as an academy boy I think he has a three year deal.

I can potentially see us only taking two in the draft and upgrading three players (O'Riordan, Papley and one of Marsh/Newman). Is that allowed though, I know you need to take at least three picks in the draft but I think that includes upgrades

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I froze. Just froze. I don't do cold. I also don't understand even after 20 years of ressies more or less, that just because the sun is shining doesn't mean that its not going to be like the inside of a witches stable up in the stands.

. Allir looks like he understands the whole Seniors thing. He played with a great deal of confidence, style and ability
    . O'Reirdan has a Boot. He also has evasive moves. Keeper.
    . X played down forward quite a bit which I think suits him. He has too slight a build to really be a key defender imho. But he is strong and getting better all the time.
    . Rose always looks like he is having fun. He is so into the game, I think we will keep him. Enthusiasm and ability is a great combination
    . BJ plays with a lot of confidence. A lot. ... umm,
    . Towers plays like a senior, but not a senior senior if you know what I mean.
    . Nic Newman ought to get a game sometime soon. He organises and can read the play very well
    . Sam Neismith is getting hairy. Pretty good in the ruck
    . Deryckx is so good looking, it would be a pity to lose him, got down and dirty, which isn't easy for a very big man.
    . Sam Reid started slow but got going, and the 'cut above' started to kick in. Another couple in ressies I would say.

The rest I am not really able to comment on. I wasn't impressed by Hiscox, but that may be just me, etc etc etc

I watched Rhyce Shaw during the breaks going to individuals and speaking to them one on one, with 'enthusiasm'. He kept it personal, not public. He called them aside and discussed/coached/insructed whatever was warranted. He is a good coach, definitely a good man manager, might even be a very very good coach. Keeper.
    I thought you might have spared a word or two about your old favourite Kane Murphy.

Arf Arf ugg. I did watch Kane (number 23 for University). I had forgotten just how low to the ground he is. Even Papley is taller. Probably wasn't going to happen. But I do wish it had.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

NEAFL Play of the Week

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8047108

It was a great block by Tom to help his brother get a shot on goal.

After the game Tom said: "I'm really trying to help my brother make in the big time like I have. With me it's family first, then sexy models and then the team. Ahhhh, make that sexy models first."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    NEAFL Play of the Week

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8047108

It was a great block by Tom to help his brother get a shot on goal.

After the game Tom said: "I'm really trying to help my brother make in the big time like I have. With me it's family first, then sexy models and then the team. Ahhhh, make that sexy models first."
    Oh, I don't even have to watch this to know what it is.

Best Players: J. Foote, A. Davis, B. Jack, J. Rose, C. O''Riordan, D. Towers

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Sorry Q4. Drex still lives.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I've cut some highlights for those who don't have time to watch the whole game.

TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #2 X.Richards - Hiscox looseball get handball to Reid then to Richards who snaps from 20m
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #3 X.Richards - Foote hard handball to Wilson who kicks to Richards on the lead. Set shot 30m.
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #4 Hiscox - Leonardis chases, gathers loose ball, shrugs off 2 tackles and frees Hiscox for the shot at goal
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #6 Rose - Davis spoils on the wing, gathers loose ball to Naismith to Newman to Rose who launches a 55m bomb.
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #7 X.Richards - Dawson centering kick, off hands, Foote handballs to Richards who snaps a goal
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Leonardis hanger
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #10 O'Riordan - Towers works ball forward to O'Riordan who steps inside and finishes with aplomb.
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #11 B.Jack - Rose wins a one on one on the 50m arc, then sets up Jack for the running goal.
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Goal #13 Dawson - 51m set shot sails through comfortably
    TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos Derickx hanger

Centre bounces:
    Naismith 12
    Derickx 8
    Nankervis 3
    Galloway 2

Foote 23
    Towers 16
    Jack 15
    McFadden 11
    Rose 5
    Dawson 3
    Hiscox 1
    Leonardis 1

Veterans List
    Thanks for all your work Ugg, really appreciated.

A lot to like about the ressies players this year. BJ, Foote, Davis all seem to be getting more ball and in the best consistently and all locals - nice.

Rose obviously has ability and a good footy brain, O'Riordan is very exciting given how new he is and Dawson has some nice skills, Newman just keeps racking them up, worried he could be our next Biggs who after his finals series I thought we should have kept.

Six debutants already this year and those above look to be lifting their ratings. Maybe depth isn't such an issue for us, just lack of AFL level exposure.

Plenty of list management headaches coming up without the number of retirements to assist us this year. Might have to have more than 38 on the main list and probably drop AJ back to the rookie list if his op goes ok. I know a few of us like hypothesising on list management decisions but too early to start this year with such a strong showing from the ressies. Oh, and looks like Rhyce can really coach too :-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast