Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 10 Match Day Thread. Sydney V North Melb. SCG. 7.50 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    I can't fault Jones' attack on the footy, but he has a bit of work to do with his disposals.
    He is getting lots of the ball tonight but butchering it time and time again. I like him but he needs to improve a lot with his disposals.

A poor 2nd quarter there, we just didn't ever get going. A goal at the end to Buddy would have been nice. That last goal we conceded in particular was very, very sloppy - why were there no swans behind the contest (Doing our usual lets allllll jump for it instead of someone staying down for the ball on the ground).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    I can't fault Jones' attack on the footy, but he has a bit of work to do with his disposals.
    Jones, Mills and McVeigh's clearances have been poor. Jones running through the centre kicked it wide. Why? When he had players deep. Mills didn't kick through the footy that allowed an intercept. Any chance someone mans up Ziebell at centre bounces. Lot of work to do still.

Quote Originally Posted by frankee View Post
    add Hewett
    Thomas is right up there with the worst of them - that one that pissed me off the most was the one where he could of actually went forward and kicked for goal but instead just went backwards looking for the free (Saying that he could of got a free for being tackled without the ball earlier in the same movement).

Big 2nd half coming up - we need to hit the ground running in the 3rd like we did in the 1st, and start winning it in the middle more.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Midfield needs to step it up. North are zoning off well outside their 50. Horse needs to come up with a solution to that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He is getting lots of the ball tonight but butchering it time and time again. I like him but he needs to improve a lot with his disposals.

A poor 2nd quarter there, we just didn't ever get going. A goal at the end to Buddy would have been nice. That last goal we conceded in particular was very, very sloppy - why were there no swans behind the contest (Doing our usual lets allllll jump for it instead of someone staying down for the ball on the ground).
    They weren't behind the contest because they all went up for the marking contest, leaving 2 North players free.

That was a bad error by Lloyd in the 1st Q. Should have given off to Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    They weren't behind the contest because they all went up for the marking contest, leaving 2 North players free.
    My point still stands though, they should not have all gone up for that - we do that far too often for my liking.

Kennedy and Tippett have been excellent in tight. Our defence has largely been on top. Buddy, Hanners and Heeney have been threatening to blow the game open. I reckon they might in the second half.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    That was a bad error by Lloyd in the 1st Q. Should have given off to Mitchell.
    Yep, that stunk.It was as if he couldn't see the huge person standing directly in front of him. How the heck does that happen? An under 12 should have been embarrassed. Shocking.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    what disgraceful umpiring, Tippett bumps Brown in a ruck duel and its a free kick?? WTF? In front of goal as well!!!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    what disgraceful umpiring, Tippett bumps Brown in a ruck duel and its a free kick?? WTF? In front of goal as well!!!
    You didn't get the memo? Any form of physical contact whatsoever is now prohibited in ruck contests. That stunk even worse than Lloyd's effort.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Those 2 consecutive frees to Brown (which resulted in a goal) were very soft. I thought we were getting the better side of the umpiring early on. But it's quickly turned around now, 12 frees for North, 9 for us. Have we won the free kick count in any match this year? It seems the Swans get the rough end of the stick more times than not.

Senior Player
    Great goal from Harry, no nonsense, just on the boot straight away. Good stuff.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast