Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Suns

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    .... Almost every commentator talks about how hard the season can be on any player, let alone the younger ones...
    And your argument was looking so good.

On topic - I don't think resting is required. I put faith in the Swans who haven't rested players in the past. Our young players have been in the system for a number seasons, and I'm guessing hear as much as anyone else, their fitness levels are at the required levels, hence they get a games.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 30th May 2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: terrible grammar
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Could it be, with Parker, that the fractured fibula isn't quite right. Look at Fyfe, similar injury, out for the season, albeit doing the same injury again. Would explain the labouring, and reluctance to jump.
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Longmire has confirmed Ted will miss the next two matches

Veterans List
    Good news for the Suns - not! From the AFL website just now. That's a third of their best 22 back in this week and the weakest third of their recent side going out. Hopefully there's not a lot of synergy with that number coming in but we have to turn up with our best effort to ensure a comfortable win.

Defenders Kade Kolodjashnij (abdominal) and Sam Day (hip), midfielders Touk Miller (ankle) and Matt Rosa (hamstring) along with small forward Callum Ah Chee (concussion) will go straight back in. Like Rosa, Alex Sexton (arm) will undergo a fitness test, but should play, while Trent McKenzie (ankle) is also likely to be in the mix.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This works for me.

You don't wear a caftan.

Warming the Bench
    Not a fan of "resting" players. If an injury problem that needs time out - so be it - out injured not rested.
    If "resting" is required - which has obviously been the case with Parker - still play him - but hold back, don't go crashing the packs, busting your gut. If needed at crucial points of the game , he'll be there!

Veterans List
    Mills has been playing backline. My point here is he is not in the midfield hurly burly. He doesn't appear like he needs a rest, nor does Heeney.

Marsh to hold his spot and i think reid needs another run in the 2s. No change.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    i think reid needs another run in the 2s. No change.
    So you're saying he should play against the Suns
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Gold Coast will be regaining up to six first team players this week and they're at home. We should win but it won't be a cakewalk.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

That many players returning at the same time should mean they're not settled. We'll win by 50+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to feel the pulse of the media by listening to SEN over the Internet and watching the fox footy shows fairly regularly. The problem with this is that all the news with few exceptions is focused around Melbourne teams and the agendas are set by those "journalists" with the loudest voice.
    For example, this week the agenda is head high tackles. Like most I was upset by the non-tackle on Thomas but Boofhead Brereton and his cronies have completely hijacked the importance of the match to Sydney and North Melbourne by focusing on a couple of incidents that were annoying but umpired correctly.
    The game and the players deserved better and it is sad that these professionals are more interested in self promotion rather promoting the game.
    With respect to next Sunday, I am keen to hear from the medical staff this week. Papley did not play in the curtain raiser and with Richards unavailable and Parker under a cloud. There could be a chance for another debutante to be promoted i.e. Davis. Although personally I thought either X Richards in attack or Allir in defence were our best. Again the key will be team balance.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast