Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes v Suns

Explains a lot particularly when assessing your more ridiculous views.

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Explains a lot particularly when assessing your more ridiculous views.
    Huh?

Veterans List
    So much for Queensland's great weather...BOM says 25 to 70 mm on Saturday for the Gold Coast!!! So another wet game up there for us. We really are jinxed!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I try to feel the pulse of the media by listening to SEN over the Internet and watching the fox footy shows fairly regularly. The problem with this is that all the news with few exceptions is focused around Melbourne teams and the agendas are set by those "journalists" with the loudest voice.
    For example, this week the agenda is head high tackles. Like most I was upset by the non-tackle on Thomas but Boofhead Brereton and his cronies have completely hijacked the importance of the match to Sydney and North Melbourne by focusing on a couple of incidents that were annoying but umpired correctly.
    I disagree completely.. The flopping, playing for free kicks, whatever you want to call it, IS a blight on the game. And it needs to be addressed, deperately. I'll watch Whistle Blowers most weeks, and some of the inexplicable decisions that are made (I sympathise with the umps, though) from the Swans games are never highlighted. Yet this week it was pretty much solely about Lindsay Thomas. The ump they had on has his head in the sand, but at least there's enough hysteria surrounding this issue that it might actually be addressed!! Buh bye, Joel Selwood..
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    So much for Queensland's great weather...BOM says 25 to 70 mm on Saturday for the Gold Coast!!! So another wet game up there for us. We really are jinxed!
    I hate those games in the wet. It negates so much of what's good about the game. And it's a great equalizer, so anything can happen.

There's no point in bringing in taller players like Reid or Davis under the conditions forecast. We might as well stay unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I hate those games in the wet. It negates so much of what's good about the game. And it's a great equalizer, so anything can happen.

There's no point in bringing in taller players like Reid or Davis under the conditions forecast. We might as well stay unchanged.
    Agree, no change, Marsh definitely deserves another run. He goes in pretty hard and should do alright in wet conditions.

We certainly don't need any more talls.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Would still like to see Papley back.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Would still like to see Papley back.
    According to Tom Harley he has a hotspot on his shin and is a "test" for this week.

Veterans List
    Wow, the forecast for Saturday just keeps getting worse, looks like it will be rain, rain, rain, going to be a slog and you know those conditions lead to low scores and upsets :-(

Also will drain us for the GWS clash the following week. I know it's a winter sport but we've had a number of these rain affected games, makes me nervous.

Yes, for Saturday, if there's any debate on who we should pick, form in the mud should be a criterion. A background in competitive swimming may also come in handy.

Queensland wild weather: BoM flash-flooding warning for this weekend - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

"I'd say its a perfect day to stay indoors because it could be quite serious out there � especially Saturday afternoon into Saturday evening."

I'm not sure i'd want to be flying into Qld. anytime Saturday. A venue swap maybe AFL?

Ins. Papley
    Outs. Someone tall, maybe Sinclair?

my understanding is that Longmire isn't a big fan of resting players. i recall last year, he said players needing of rest will get reduced training load mid-week (or words to that effect)