Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: (Not so) sweet caroline

Not sure if this has been covered, but does anyone know the music that plays on the 2 mins before the game starts?

Senior Player
    May I posit that every alternate suggested replacement tune is actually worse than Sweet Caroline? And no, i don't like SC either. Dare i request silence so that i can chat with the people around me instead of chatting throughout the game like some of the theatregoers that are seemingly becoming more prevalent? Is it essential to be 'entertained' at all times? If I want to sing along to some music could i not go and see a band?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

I actually like sweet Caroline.

There. I've said it.

Senior Player
    Not sure if this track has been uploaded elsewhere previously or discussed at length but it could well be the quarter time solution we have all been seeking. It's a track called 'My Friends' by Kayex featuring the multi-talented Tom Derrickx. It has a killer bass line and it's actually very good.

Apologies if it's been posted before.

triple j Unearthed Jukebox
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Blog Entries
    I always thought it was an attempt to keep Wilson on side??

Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I always thought it was an attempt to keep Wilson on side??
    Pure gold

Goes up to 11
    They've started it much earlier this week.
    Lots of people singing along too.
    Great isn't it!

Happy and I know it
    Loved being able to sing more of it last night with Big Al. People around us were getting right into the spirit, too. More please!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Loved being able to sing more of it last night with Big Al. People around us were getting right into the spirit, too. More please!
    Have to admit the fact they started it earlier made it more palatable (in that the umps weren't standing there waiting for it to end). The ABC radio coverage it always gets a comment from the boys, mixed comments at best!!???????? and I loved seeing you and Al getting into the swing of it.. I hope you two stayed until the end last night - blimey what a heart stopper!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Have to admit the fact they started it earlier made it more palatable (in that the umps weren't standing there waiting for it to end). The ABC radio coverage it always gets a comment from the boys, mixed comments at best!!???????? and I loved seeing you and Al getting into the swing of it.. I hope you two stayed until the end last night - blimey what a heart stopper!!!
    But the umps WERE standing around waiting for it to end.
    Just like me.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    But the umps WERE standing around waiting for it to end.
    Just like me.
    No, the reason the umpires sometimes seem to be standing around is that they have to wait for the TV ads to end - as is signalled to them I think by a light on the scoreboard. I assume that those playing SC co-ordinate it to the end of the TV ads (there is often a fade-out of SC, we don't hear it to the end).

If they replaced SC with another song, or had no song at all, it would make no difference to the umpires standing around for a short time before centre bounces.

No. They were standing around (again) waiting for it to finish.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast