Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: (Not so) sweet caroline

On the Rookie List
    I was in a corporate box at the MCG a few weeks back (recommended if you get the chance) to see Collingwood play Carlton...they had kiss cam. Picture, if you dare, some Collingwood's finest fans into it. Give me Sweet Caroline over that any day.

I seriously hate Sweet Caroline... it's 132.5% irrelevant. (Yes, I used the calculator.)

I vote for up there for Sydney. Play it at 1/4 time AND 3/4 time.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

None of the song suggestions in this thread are relevant to anyone under 45. If you're trying to attract new people, all I can say is that it's a massive turn off to hear music that's on constant rotation on commercial radio. It feels so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    They still play it at three quarter time. We were singing along to it on Friday night.
    Please no. Up There For Sydney is a rip off of Up There Cazaly and a blight on our club. All it does is remind me of that ugly period when they wanted to forget about where the club had come from. Let for get it and move on. If you're going to play that you might as well play Up There Cazaly.

Just wild about Harry
    I still remember the good old days when we used to play Up There Cazaly after every goal!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I'm one of the grumpy old ladies who would like them to get rid of all the nonsense that goes on at the breaks. Half time is for the Auskick Kids the rest is for conversing with others at the ground about the state of play. I'm not convinced that playing any song at quarter time will convince someone to come to a game.
    I'm not a grumpy old lady but I agree wholeheartedly.
    As for all of those 'football songs'.....naff. That Glen Shorrock one still makes me retch.
    Pub rock, yawn.
    If there has to be a song (relevant or otherwise), something with some energy. Pump It Up - Elvis Costello. Fast Cars - The Buzzcocks. Ray Gun - The Morels.

I do think there's some value in standing, stretching the legs, sharing impressions with those around you. It's as though they think we'll become all disorientated if we aren't bombarded with noise and advertising.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Happy and I know it
    I enjoy singing along to Sweet Caroline at the game.

Nothing the gameday organisers do will please everyone, anyway.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    I enjoy singing along to Sweet Caroline at the game.

Nothing the gameday organisers do will please everyone, anyway.
    Not having ads and music in the breaks will please nearly everyone. Can you possibly imagine supporters agitating for them to bring it back if by some miracle it should ever be removed?

Stick with Up There for Sydney at 3 quarter time and bring back the early 90s Swans' theme song 'Kick On' at quarter time for nostalgia sake
    Swannies for life!

Not uplifting but at least it's sort of relevant.

Warming the Bench

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Not uplifting but at least it's sort of relevant.
    So spectacularly awful it's good.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast