Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 229 to 235 of 235

Thread: (Not so) sweet caroline

  1. #229
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,803
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    You assumed that I was referring to men when I said die hards lol
    Assumed? Or rather inferred from your second sentence.

  2. #230
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    5,031
    It could only be inferred if I meant to infer it.
    Anything other than this is the reader drawing their own assumptions on what I meant.
    I took Megs comment as a light hearted pointing out that I could have worded it better.
    I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to have inferred?
    Assuming that I was trying to make a statement that women cannot be die hard fans is a pretty big stretch.
    Likewise, any assumption that all kids are 'easily bored' and are also unable to be die hard fans is a pretty long shot.
    Hard to believe that I just had to defend the two lines I wrote...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  3. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    It could only be inferred if I meant to infer it.
    Anything other than this is the reader drawing their own assumptions on what I meant.
    I took Megs comment as a light hearted pointing out that I could have worded it better.
    I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to have inferred?
    Assuming that I was trying to make a statement that women cannot be die hard fans is a pretty big stretch.
    Likewise, any assumption that all kids are 'easily bored' and are also unable to be die hard fans is a pretty long shot.
    Hard to believe that I just had to defend the two lines I wrote...
    You imply. Others infer.

  4. #232
    It's Goodes to cheer!! Site Admin ScottH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Master of the house, keeper of the zoo
    Posts
    23,618
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    They aren't marketing to you, or the die hards who mark the scores on their footy records.
    They are marketing to young families, women, and easily bored kids.
    If people can't entertain themselves for 20 minutes, then they have problems.
    It's the "entertain me" generation. See BBL as a classic example. I enjoy the T20 format but hate all the hullabaloo that goes with it.

  5. #233
    scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    peaches eaten, trousers rolled
    Posts
    9,386
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If people can't entertain themselves for 20 minutes, then they have problems.
    It's the "entertain me" generation. See BBL as a classic example. I enjoy the T20 format but hate all the hullabaloo that goes with it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

  6. #234
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,819
    I am at the Australian open and they are playing Sweet Caroline!! The crowd is singing 😛.

  7. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I am at the Australian open and they are playing Sweet Caroline!! The crowd is singing 😛.
    I'm sure they are. There will always be a section of every crowd that sings along to it at every event at which it is played. Does that mean we should play it? The club thinks that we should, I disagree.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO