Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: (Not so) sweet caroline

We were commenting on the noise on Friday night too. Nothing to do with the choice of song, it was actually before the game had even started. It was just noise, noise, noise. It's one reason why park footy is so appealing these days.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    How about a few emails to the club and/ or the SCG tomorrow?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie View Post
    Yes, I miss it. So much better than the "noise".
    Yes it's all relative. In hindsight it seems mildly inoffensive compared to what has replaced it. More advertising, more noisy incoherent shrieking into a roaming mic, more bogan rock or vacuous contemporary pop songs. I'm not holding my breath for Foxtrot Sierra and His Uniforms, Minami Deutsch or King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, but seriously I'm yet to hear a song that's significantly better than SC come out of those speakers.

Meanwhile this whole voting for which song shd be played at 3 quarter time caper has heightened my cynicism. I wonder who is taking a cut of all those SMS costs whereby fans 'vote' for pre-arranged song choices? SC has it seems been replaced by a money-spinner. And apparently Wil Hayward really digs Bryan Adams, whereas Sam Reid can't get enough of Paul Simon's African grooves. Really?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    How about a few emails to the club and/ or the SCG tomorrow?
    I received a feedback survey for Saturday’s match by email. General words that could apply to any match at any ground so I think it was an AFL initiative rather than specific to SCG/Swans (I skim read the blurb).

Anyway I used the opportunity to give a rant about the volume of noise.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122