Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: (Not so) sweet caroline

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    You assumed that I was referring to men when I said die hards lol
    Assumed? Or rather inferred from your second sentence.

It could only be inferred if I meant to infer it.
    Anything other than this is the reader drawing their own assumptions on what I meant.
    I took Megs comment as a light hearted pointing out that I could have worded it better.
    I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to have inferred?
    Assuming that I was trying to make a statement that women cannot be die hard fans is a pretty big stretch.
    Likewise, any assumption that all kids are 'easily bored' and are also unable to be die hard fans is a pretty long shot.
    Hard to believe that I just had to defend the two lines I wrote...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

It could only be inferred if I meant to infer it.
    Anything other than this is the reader drawing their own assumptions on what I meant.
    I took Megs comment as a light hearted pointing out that I could have worded it better.
    I'm not sure exactly what I am supposed to have inferred?
    Assuming that I was trying to make a statement that women cannot be die hard fans is a pretty big stretch.
    Likewise, any assumption that all kids are 'easily bored' and are also unable to be die hard fans is a pretty long shot.
    Hard to believe that I just had to defend the two lines I wrote...
    You imply. Others infer.

Blog Entries
    They aren't marketing to you, or the die hards who mark the scores on their footy records.
    They are marketing to young families, women, and easily bored kids.
    If people can't entertain themselves for 20 minutes, then they have problems.
    It's the "entertain me" generation. See BBL as a classic example. I enjoy the T20 format but hate all the hullabaloo that goes with it.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If people can't entertain themselves for 20 minutes, then they have problems.
    It's the "entertain me" generation. See BBL as a classic example. I enjoy the T20 format but hate all the hullabaloo that goes with it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    I am at the Australian open and they are playing Sweet Caroline!! The crowd is singing 😛.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I am at the Australian open and they are playing Sweet Caroline!! The crowd is singing 😛.
    I'm sure they are. There will always be a section of every crowd that sings along to it at every event at which it is played. Does that mean we should play it? The club thinks that we should, I disagree.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

The only thing I hate about the game day experience is that song.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I wasn’t fully paying attention to what was going on during the breaks but I’m fairly certain Sweet Caroline was not played last night. Have we finally triumphed?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I wasn’t fully paying attention to what was going on during the breaks but I’m fairly certain Sweet Caroline was not played last night. Have we finally triumphed?
    The same. It wasn't until half-time that I realised I hadn't been aware of SC playing at the end of the first quarter break. I did hear it being played at the Dogs game last Saturday, so maybe it was an astute off-season trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Somebody in the match thread, mentioned that they played Thunderstruck by AC/DC, during the quarter time break.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Somebody in the match thread, mentioned that they played Thunderstruck by AC/DC, during the quarter time break.
    No idea what it was - but it was the LOUDEST music ever played at the footy. The decibels must have been at a dangerous level for eardrum safety. Really, really painful.

#bringbacksweetcaroline