Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
North Shore under 19s have been winning by big margins this year. One North Shore parent commented that they have not had a single decent quarter of competition yet. I think Nth Shore are resting players now, and going easy. I think that makes bad footballers not good footballers. Not only that, the same North Shore parents lamented that the chances of their sons getting a game in prems this years was next to none. They referred to the log jam of talent North Shore has. Contrast that with Manly who have two regular prems players aged 16 (Sam Wicks) and 17 (Jarrod Osborne), and the week before last blooded another 16 year old (Evan Kaporis). There are only 2 other 16 year olds in Prems neither of which are at North Shore.
Just checked and your info from a NS parent looks to be way off the mark. NS have played at least 9 kids from their U19s in their premier division team this year. That's a very high number at the half way point and if I was an U19s player at NS I would be fairly motivated by that. Maybe the parent you spoke to is a little one eyed.......