Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Giants Swans Derby Tickets

So glad I didn't buy a ticket.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Just a comment unrelated to the game itself. The food and drink options were great and the queues were short, even with a full house. It's a terrific ground to watch footy and grab a decent feed while you're at it.
    Its a funny little ground. Built for baseball I think, it feels like one end (the opposite of the scoreboard) is more pointy than the other. Not sure if it is. They block out a whole bay of the ground for a cover band (!?), and the food and drink outlets seem to be set up for a 50,000 seat stadium, yet dont sell decent beer.
    They only open one gate for entry, which is a pain if you park, but the kick to kick afterwards is awesome, especially with the band playing.

Kind of has that no-expense-spared part build during the olympics, mixed with prudent economics of the post-games extensions.

The worry is that its just not a viable location. Canterbury bulldogs tried it and failed, and they are an established team. Its an inbetween capacity which suits them now, but what if they are successful. Already it seems a little to small for their co-tenant the Thunder cricket team. Does that mean more investment will be made ?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    So glad I didn't buy a ticket.
    AnnieH - mixed feelings about your post. Glad u are happy with your decision. Disappointed that u didn't support the team though.

Highest rating fox footy game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its a funny little ground. Built for baseball I think, it feels like one end (the opposite of the scoreboard) is more pointy than the other. Not sure if it is. They block out a whole bay of the ground for a cover band (!?), and the food and drink outlets seem to be set up for a 50,000 seat stadium, yet dont sell decent beer.
    They only open one gate for entry, which is a pain if you park, but the kick to kick afterwards is awesome, especially with the band playing.

Kind of has that no-expense-spared part build during the olympics, mixed with prudent economics of the post-games extensions.

The worry is that its just not a viable location. Canterbury bulldogs tried it and failed, and they are an established team. Its an inbetween capacity which suits them now, but what if they are successful. Already it seems a little to small for their co-tenant the Thunder cricket team. Does that mean more investment will be made ?
    Yes it was built for baseball. I went to a couple of games there during the Olympics.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Me too Doctor. Australia v Japan. Must admit, not my game. Got pretty bored.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    My personal fave out at the old showground was the human cannonball during the Easter Show there in the early 2000s. They first put up goal posts around 2007 I think for junior footy but even then the oval was still surrounded by a dirt track for speedway racing. As I remember it, the state government then ponied up about $30M for improvements to get it ready for the GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Me too Doctor. Australia v Japan. Must admit, not my game. Got pretty bored.
    I love baseball, but there wasn't a whole lot of atmosphere at the venue I'll agree. I was just happy to be there and get in for next to nothing cos baseball tickets were cheap as chips. The only cheaper event I saw was the cycling road race, for obvious reasons.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    AnnieH - mixed feelings about your post. Glad u are happy with your decision. Disappointed that u didn't support the team though.
    But I DID support the team... instead of buying a ticket, I bought a guernsey from the club.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Warming the Bench
    But I DID support the team... instead of buying a ticket, I bought a guernsey from the club.
    No you didn't support the TEAM on the field when you could have.
    You supported the Marketing Dept instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    No you didn't support the TEAM on the field when you could have.
    You supported the Marketing Dept instead.
    I watched the game on TV. I supported the team on the field.

I didn't support the marketing department; I supported the club.

Jenny, are you here? Does the money I spend to purchase merchandise go to the club, or the marketing department?

Either way... MY support money was in the swans handbag... not in the handbag of the blacktown bogans.

Warming the Bench
    I watched the game on TV. I supported the team on the field.

I didn't support the marketing department; I supported the club.

Jenny, are you here? Does the money I spend to purchase merchandise go to the club, or the marketing department?

Either way... MY support money was in the swans handbag... not in the handbag of the blacktown bogans.
    Player Poll:
    On Match Day, would you prefer?;
    1. Supporters actually attend games WHEN THEY'RE ABLE TO; or
    2. Buy Club Merchandise instead & stay away.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast