Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Swans Derby Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm sorry... but not wanting to put money into their coffers is reason enough for me not to go.
    Despite what you say.
    I'm glad the swans members didn't turn up.
    What was their crowd... a touch over 6K.
    Good.
    Will you refuse to attend any finals matches because it puts money into the AFL coffers??

It's just a pathetic excuse for not turning up in person to support your side.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its not the fact that they dont go. Ive been to Giants games with crowds of 8000 and they are great.
    Its the piss weak excuses that they come up with for not going. I wish they'd just man-up an admit it, them and their hipster beards, cant leave the eastern suburbs.

Once they do that, I'll let go.
    He's right. The only venue-related excuse for Spotless that is the same as for ANZ can be location snobbery (other than those with mobility issues etc). Spotless is a super ground to watch footy, the surface is great, the food options are good and even Carlton Mid is a hell of a lot better than the dross they serve at ANZ. The venue isn't even very far away from the city.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm sorry... but not wanting to put money into their coffers is reason enough for me not to go.
    Despite what you say.
    I'm glad the swans members didn't turn up.
    What was their crowd... a touch over 6K.
    Good.
    Quick let's ban Annie from RWO and all home games for that matter! How dare she not go to a game! Not a real fan!

I won't be there either - will likely watch with friends at a pub or someone's place - kind of like every other away game. I'll justify the not spending the extra $$$'s on a half decent ticket ($50-$60+) by saying that I'm saving it for traveling down to the Geelong game next month.

Senior Player
    It's a free country isn't it? People can go / not go (to a game) for any damn reason they please.
    One thing I'm sure of (after watching the Metricon game on Saturday night) is that come
    what may, and regardless of who is in the crowd, at 4:40 on Sunday arvo there will be a
    pretty good game on at Spotless. Both teams are in as good as shape as they've ever been
    since when the Giants entered the comp.
    ie can we talk about the actual game?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Six frees in front of goal is ok - if they are there. Were any of them wrongly paid and/or soft as butter frees?
    Watched a bit of that game, and the one I couldn't at the time (and still can't) understand was the free against Mummy for putting his knee into Zac Smiths back. Boundary throw in besides the goal post, in the ruck contest Mummy jumps, places a knee into Smiths back, and wins the tap without any hands in the back or contact made by the hands to the head or neck area of Smith. The umpire blows the whistle and awards a free kick from which Smith converts. Ridiculous free kick. Unless they've changed the rules to something that says contact in a ruck contest isn't allowed and I've missed that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Watched a bit of that game, and the one I couldn't at the time (and still can't) understand was the free against Mummy for putting his knee into Zac Smiths back. Boundary throw in besides the goal post, in the ruck contest Mummy jumps, places a knee into Smiths back, and wins the tap without any hands in the back or contact made by the hands to the head or neck area of Smith. The umpire blows the whistle and awards a free kick from which Smith converts. Ridiculous free kick. Unless they've changed the rules to something that says contact in a ruck contest isn't allowed and I've missed that change.
    Ahh, so that's what it was for. I thought it was for drawing attention to yourself at Kardinia Park, while not wearing blue and white.

No one knows what the ruck rules are. Decisions are made simply to drive the fans crazy and keep their minds occupied with silly things so they don't worry about things like climate change and nuclear war. Why would anyone be worried about the end of the world when umps are giving away free kicks for a knee in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    No one knows what the ruck rules are. Decisions are made simply to drive the fans crazy and keep their minds occupied with silly things so they don't worry about things like climate change and nuclear war. Why would anyone be worried about the end of the world when umps are giving away free kicks for a knee in the back.
    Ohh, now if you had paid more attention to the Book of Revelations, you would know that when an umpire wearing number six on his back, gives six ruck frees, against a ruckman who is also wearing number six, then this means that the end of the world is nigh. If you would like to send me ten percent of your income, I will explain it in full detail.

Yes that was a terrible decision. Even Dwayne Russell had to concede it.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Yes that was a terrible decision. Even Dwayne Russell had to concede it.
    When the TV cameras crossed to Chris Scott, sure enough there he was giving his impression of one of those sideshow clowns, you know the ones with the mouth wide open and head moving from side to side, looking incredulous that Smith had been infringed against and then immediately clapping the fact that the umpire has given the free kick. He obviously knows the rules ???

I think there is a valid complaint about Spotless - Mid Strength beer!

Having said that, this game looks like an absolute lock to be a sellout. I bought my ticket last night and there were only singles left - checked this morning and Ticketmaster are saying no more tickets available.

I can't understand why anyone would not want to see a 2 v 6 local derby in front of a sellout crowd live - but to each their own.

FWIW I think we are a little spoiled as Sydney fans in Sydney - we get every away game on FTA and now with a second Sydney team we get a bonus game that we can see live each year if we want to.

Going to be a cracking game out there. Go swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Will you refuse to attend any finals matches because it puts money into the AFL coffers??

It's just a pathetic excuse for not turning up in person to support your side.
    BBB... that's a bit nasty, don't you think?
    No, it's not a "pathetic" excuse, it's quite valid.
    Why should I financially support GWS?
    The money for a finals home game goes to the home team.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast