Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Callum Mills' odds for Rising Star

Callum Mills' odds for Rising Star

On AFL360 last night Gerard said he was surprised that Cal had not been nominated for the rising star yet and his odds for winning were $18.
    About 15 mins later that $18 had dropped to $13.
    Anyone get on at $18?

Conspiracy theory: He will not get a nomination.

Goes up to 11
    He'll get a nomination - very soon.
    As they said, he hasn't really had a break out game but he has been very consistent and has put together a strong body of work.

Veterans List
    Doesn't matter what he does, Weitering has been annointed even if he doesn't play another game this year. I got Mills at $15 earlier in the season. If Mills plays all games this year, then that feat alone should give him the RS. The observations by the footy journos in this country are shallow and blinkered.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    He'll get a nomination - very soon.
    As they said, he hasn't really had a break out game but he has been very consistent and has put together a strong body of work.
    Interesting, the longest wait for an eventual Rising Star winner was Justin Koschitzke, who did not secure a nomination in 2001 until Round 14. We are now heading to Round 11 this year. I wonder.

They have to exhaust all the Victorian players before looking interstate.
    Jacobs from giants would have to be a chance .... if he played in Victoria.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    They have to exhaust all the Victorian players before looking interstate.
    Jacobs from giants would have to be a chance .... if he played in Victoria.
    Who is "Jacobs from giants"? Are you referring to Jacob Hopper, the bloke who was nominated after his debut game?

Accusations of bias towards Victorian based players in Rising Star nominations and end of season voting aren't borne out by reality.

Yep. I mean "chance to win it "

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Mills is the revelation of the season IMO. Has played all ten games, looks like he's been playing senior footy for years, hasn't got injured, doesn't look tired and racks up an ave 16 possessions a game. Right now, I'd say he is the best first year player in the AFL. Mightn't win the RS though, too boringly good I guess.

has anyone seen 10 assured performances since debut from a player at any team???

Clearly some of them will be guns but so far, it's not a standout year. Last year we had two absolute standouts in Hogan and Cripps who were significant members of their respective sides.

Mills would have to be in the mix and given that it's effectively a media award, the media pumping him up won't do his chances any harm.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Mills is the revelation of the season IMO. Has played all ten games, looks like he's been playing senior footy for years, hasn't got injured, doesn't look tired and racks up an ave 16 possessions a game. Right now, I'd say he is the best first year player in the AFL. Mightn't win the RS though, too boringly good I guess.
    Yep, maybe that's why he hasn't been nominated yet: they think that he's been playing senior footy for years.

Senior Player
    Mills has had one game of 9 disposals (GWS) and one game of 23 (Adelaide) and every other game he has had between 15 and 19 touches.
    He can take contested marks, he's a good kick, can think fast, and looks right at home in (at the moment) the best team in the comp.
    Two months ago, he was 18 years old. Nearly all of our debutants have looked pretty good, but Mills is number one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast