Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Metricon

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    FT @swansreserves 15.17 (107) @GoldCoastSUNS Reserves 3.3. (21)

Swans Goals: Richards 6 Nankervis 3 Towers 2 Aliir Reid O'Riordan Newman

Suns Goals: Daniels 2 Hallahan

Disposals: Towers 34 O'Riordan 29 Jack 28 Foote 27 Newman 25 Aliir 17 Richards 16 Baker Murray 14 Naismith Nankervis 13 Davis Leonardis 12 Hiscox 11 Baron-Hay Hebron Melican 8 Veale Brown Reinhard 7 Galloway Reid 6

Tackles:
    Towers 9 Jack Naismith 6 Nankervis 5 Newman 4 Foote Leoanrdis Melican 3 Galloway Aliir O'Riordan Veale Murray 2

Marks:
    Richards 7 O'Riordan Aliir 5 Davis 4 Towers Jack Veale Newman 3 Naismith Hiscox Brown Foote Galloway 2

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    FT @swansreserves 15.17 (107) @GoldCoastSUNS Reserves 3.3. (21)

Swans Goals: Richards 6 Nankervis 3 Towers 2 Aliir Reid O'Riordan Newman

Suns Goals: Daniels 2 Hallahan

Disposals: Towers 34 O'Riordan 29 Jack 28 Foote 27 Newman 25 Aliir 17 Richards 16 Baker Murray 14 Naismith Nankervis 13 Davis Leonardis 12 Hiscox 11 Baron-Hay Hebron Melican 8 Veale Brown Reinhard 7 Galloway Reid 6

Tackles:
    Towers 9 Jack Naismith 6 Nankervis 5 Newman 4 Foote Leoanrdis Melican 3 Galloway Aliir O'Riordan Veale Murray 2

Marks:
    Richards 7 O'Riordan Aliir 5 Davis 4 Towers Jack Veale Newman 3 Naismith Hiscox Brown Foote Galloway 2
    Impressive stats for Towers

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Yep, it doesn't exactly look like it was a day for fleet footed outside guys, so nice to see him rack up such a big disposal count.

Is there maybe something there with Xavier in the forward line? That's a couple of bags now, albeit perhaps not against the greatest competition.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Nearly always goes well in the reserves...

Nearly always goes poorly in the seniors.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Reid lowest disposals of any Swan
    Game time?

X might be our next FF if he learns how to work hard. Might have kicked 4 last week but was lazy on several occasions.

It looks like Aliir & Davis are proving really hard to pass. Add Newman, Melican & O'Riordan to that mix and it is a good solid backline. I don't know if O'Riordan played mids or back this week but he certainly racked them up. Looks like he played mids to me. At 188cm he's a nice big mid like joey.

By the way Ugg. The difference between X and Abe is 3cm, X is 195 Abe 192. That is 6'4.7 compared to 6'3.5 about an inch difference. We get a bit carried away with height in cm unfortunately, the trouble is we don't really understand how small 3 cm is until we convert back. I started using cm with an yard ruler comparison working in soft Furnishings in 1974. It gave me a good appreciation for just how small a cm was. Funny thing is nobody uses decimetres today.

Great insight but why are you addressing that to me?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Yep, it doesn't exactly look like it was a day for fleet footed outside guys, so nice to see him rack up such a big disposal count.

Is there maybe something there with Xavier in the forward line? That's a couple of bags now, albeit perhaps not against the greatest competition.

I wouldn't knock Uni. They are a pretty good side. They sit fourth and have some pretty handy players from AFL & Academy lists. They have the NEAFL Most Valuable Player Award winner as well. so to get 4 against them was pretty good. But I must admit this swans side is better than most VFL sides let alone NEAFL sides. I made the statement last week that they would give the weaker AFL sides a run for their money and I stand by that. Not that they would win but they would certainly be very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Great insight but why are you addressing that to me?
    You made a comment in your pre-game preview that with Abe going back and X going forward it must be something to do with the Suns small forward-line. I thought you were inferring Abe was much smaller than X and plays on smalls.
    here is what I was referring to;

Was this a one-off selection based on Sydney Uni's shorter forward line or is it a signal that Richards's and Davis's futures lie in the forward and backlines repectively?

Firstly I was referring to Sydney Uni. Secondly it's not the height I was referring to but rather the mobility. Davis has played in the midfield

Veterans List
    Mmmmm, O'Riordan - looking like a winner already, mind you he would have been right at home in the conditions. Last two trips we've had north, both times it's pissed down.

Best Players: C. O''Riordan, D. Towers, A. Aliir, S. Naismith, J. Foote, B. Jack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast