Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves @ Metricon

Given X's narrow build, he is making a great forward and is better there than down back. Perhaps starting down back has given him valuable insight into how to play forward, especially in ridiculous weather.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

X in my opinion is so far ahead of Ted Richards at the same age re a KP back

does anyone disagree ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Nup.

BUT given the teams they were/are playing for at the same age....... and what happened when Ted ended up here ..........
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast, 12 noon

B: Colin O�Riordan, Xavier Richards, Sam Reid
    HB: Nic Newman, Allir Allir, Lewis Melican
    C: Jack Hiscox, Tyrone Leonardis, Abaina Davis
    HF: James Rose*, Ryan Hebron**, Sam Murray
    F: Kyle Galloway, Toby Nankervis*, Dean Towers
    Foll: Sam Naismith, Jordan Foote, Brandon Jack*
    Inter: Jake Brown**, Jake Veale**, Darcy Baron-Hay**, Ned Reinhard**

The above was the Swans web site expectation for the line up yesterday. I assume X did not line up at FB, so who did?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Can't speak for this game but if they went with the same structure as the previous game against Sydney Uni the three tall defenders were Aliir Davis and Melican

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mmmmm, O'Riordan - looking like a winner already, mind you he would have been right at home in the conditions. Last two trips we've had north, both times it's pissed down.
    I agree re Colin, he looks the goods but I don't think it will do him any harm at all doing a longish apprenticeship in the twos.

It will be interesting to see what we do re rookie upgrades, you'd think Papley for sure and Marsh is also building a compelling case for re-instatement to the senior list and also playing quite a bit if senior footy. Newman also has his supporters but our defensive back up stocks are suddenly looking quite strong So, assuming we'll take at least two picks in the draft I guess it will depend on how many players we delist or trade out.

My suspicion is that we'll keep him on the rookie list but he'll get upgraded at the earliest opportunity and get a decent taste of senior footy next season.

Veterans List
    On the Swans website Shaw pumps up several players in the Gold Coast win. Good pic of O'Riordan waiting to come back on in torrential rain, just like a summer's day in Ireland except the rain is warm :-)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Last edited by ugg; 6th June 2016 at 04:42 PM.

O'Riordan best on ground: that's impressive. And while he probably has some heavy track form from Ireland, I don't think it really gets as wet as that there.
    And Foote in the votes again: I've quite liked how he goes about it, when I've seen him. Seems on the way to earning a new contract.

We seem to be missing Davis and Leonardis from the stats.

Interesting that Sam Reid was the lowest ranked of the Swans' listed players. Pretty good stats from Aliir for a tall defender in those conditions.

Regular in the Side
    We dominated in ruck it would seem. 73-12.

Veterans List
    Do the maths, possessions minus clangers. O'Riordan & Newman 24, Towers 23, BJ 21. Newman also had significant I50 and R50 so working far and wide. Getting excited about O'Riordan given how far he has progressed in such a short time, looks to be a real find. Depth starting to look quite good now.

Naismith numbers are good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Interesting that Sam Reid was the lowest ranked of the Swans' listed players. Pretty good stats from Aliir for a tall defender in those conditions.
    Reportedly was managed in the conditions so not sure how much game time he had. It's just about getting touch, doubt he'll be seen untiul after the bye, want him primed for finals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast